- April 10: GM Re-Recalls Ignition Switch For Another Defect
- April 8: GM Fined $7,000 a Day For Missing Ignition Switch Deadline
- March 31: GM Recalls 1.3 Million Cars for Power Steering Problems
- March 29: Emergency Motion Filed Against GM to 'Park It Now'
- March 28: GM Recalls Another 824,000 Cars for Ignition Switch Defect
- March 14: Safety Group Accuses Government of Ignoring 303 GM Car Fatalities
- March 6: Test Time: U.S. Government Takes General Motors Back to School
- February 26: Former NHTSA Administrator Says GM Committed 'Immoral Act'
- February 25: GM Waits 10 Years to Recall Over 1 Million Cars
- February 13: GM Recalls 780,000 Cars After Reports of Deaths
Headlights Not Working Properly
CarComplaints.com Notes: We are rating the 2009 Pontiac G6 as "Pretty Good", but very tentatively because of the serious problems that prior model years have.
The only real problem showing up so far with the 2009 G6 is headlights blow out more frequently than normal. The blown headlight problem seems to be due to bad connectors.
The wiring harness connections aren't a big deal to replace, as long as your dealer or mechanic doesn't charge you an arm & a leg to "diagnose" the problem.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 65,000 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 2 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- changed the headlight (1 reports)
- not sure (1 reports)