CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2009 is starting to have the same problems as previous model years, including the headlights blowing out due to bad connectors.

The wiring harness connections aren't a big deal to replace, as long as your dealer or mechanic doesn't charge you an arm & a leg to "diagnose" the problem.

6.4

2. changed the headlight (2 reports)
  3. replace bulb connector (2 reports)
2009 Pontiac G6 lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Pontiac G6:

2009 Pontiac G6 Owner Comments

Feb 052015

G6

When I bought my car the passenger side headlight was working, but went out 3 days later. I called the dealership and they refunded me for a replacement bulb, which also shot about 2 days later!! I replaced the bulb once again a week later and it only lasted a few days. i had my father, who does some mechanic work, look at it and he couldn't find any problems with the wiring. I've learned now that it could be the connector, but I haven't bothered to replace.. I mean, if it melted once, why wouldn't it melt again?? A recall should be issued immediately!! I love my car, but I don't like being restricted to driving during daylight hours, or looking over my shoulder at night for the police to pull me over!! This has been terribly aggravating! Help me GM!!!

- , Savannah, TN, USA

Feb 102015

G6

I TRAVEL A LOT TO SCHOOL, AND WORK. MY JOB IS IN EVENINGS TO 2300HRS, HAVING TO DEAL WITH THE DERN LIGHTS IS VERY STRESSING. TURNING ON MY CAR AND GETTING OUT TO KEEP CHECKING TO SEE IF I HAVE HEADLIGHTS TO GO HOME IS MY NUMBER 1 SAFETY. I KEEP BUYING NEW LIGHT BULBS COST ME DOLLARS, SPENDING A LOT OF DOLLARS ONE THE BULBS IS EXPENSIVE FOR MY POCKETS. I RATHER SPEND ON MY GASOLINE FOR CAR OR MAYBE CHANGING MY OIL WOULD BE BETTER NOT KEEP SPENDING ON THE DERN LIGHTS!!!!! I HOPE YOU GM WORKERS/COMPANY WOULD LISTEN TO OUR COMPLAINTS AND FIX THE PROBLEM. THIS IS MY FIRST YEAR IM BUYING THIS CAR, I LOVE MY CAR JUST I'M NOT VERY PLEASE WITH THE DERN HEADLIGHTS. PLEASE HELP.

- , Gallup, USA

Apr 202015

G6 LS

About a month after replacing the bulbs, they started intermittently going out. It has been suggested to replace the bulb connection.

- , Mount Sterling, OH, USA

Feb 092015

G6 LS

First one side then the other. The low beams would come back on as soon as i touched them for a week or so but they eventually gave out at the same time. Fortunately i had fog lights. The new lights worked for about a month then the same thing happened again.

- , Mount Sterling, OH, USA

Oct 202014

G6 Sedan

click to see larger images

headlights not working properly

My dim lights are not coming on. I had two people put the new bulb in and its still not coming on. I called the people where I got the car from 9 months ago and am making payments to.

- , Port Huron, MI, USA

Mar 012014

G6

Headlight bulbs keep coming loose. Very irritating. Keep taking it for repair and couple days later bulb pushes its way loose. Many recalls but not for this.

- , Bethany, OK, USA

Jun 292014

G6 Fleet I4

THIS IS BECOMING A REGULAR OCCURRENCE. EVERY 2 MONTHS WE REPLACE THE BULBS. DOESN'T MATTER WHAT BRAND OF BULB. ONCE THE STOCK BULB BURNT OUT THEY HAVE NOT LASTED.

- , Big Lake, MN, USA

Sep 102013

G6

Got headlight fixed and then it went out on me again. Sheeesh, this car is becoming more of a problem than I anticipated. My next car will NOT be a Pontiac, I promise you it will not.

- , Portage, IN, USA

Mar 142012

G6 3.5L V6

This is the worst car imaginable. I tried to support American cars but it looks as though only foreign cars fit the mold. I've read many complaints about these specific cars online. And many have called an complained. We shouldn't have to spend additional money on a car that's nots even 5yrs old . Unless its everyday wear and tear. I won'ta called to tell me what it is they cans do to fix this mess. They call a car.. When we purchased this car we had the headlights changed not knowing their was a problem brewing. We've had the front head lights changed 3 times. And the tail lights changed 5to 6 times. We've gotten pulled over becaause we had no tail lights and didn't know it. Theres not even a signal to let you know ther is a problem like other cars. FIX MY CAR. I thought I was doing a great job by purchasing an AMERICAN car now I see it was a mistake.

- , Athens, GA, USA