2009 Pontiac G6 lights problems: headlights not working properly

Headlights Not Working Properly

CarComplaints.com Seal Of Pretty Good

CarComplaints.com Notes: We are rating the 2009 Pontiac G6 as "Pretty Good", but very tentatively because of the serious problems that prior model years have.

The only real problem showing up so far with the 2009 G6 is headlights blow out more frequently than normal. The blown headlight problem seems to be due to bad connectors.

The wiring harness connections aren't a big deal to replace, as long as your dealer or mechanic doesn't charge you an arm & a leg to "diagnose" the problem.

6.5

2. changed the headlight (1 reports)
2009 Pontiac G6 lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Pontiac G6:

2009 Pontiac G6 Owner Comments

Mar 012014

G6

Headlight bulbs keep coming loose. Very irritating. Keep taking it for repair and couple days later bulb pushes its way loose. Many recalls but not for this.

- , Bethany, OK, USA

Jun 292014

G6 Fleet I4

THIS IS BECOMING A REGULAR OCCURRENCE. EVERY 2 MONTHS WE REPLACE THE BULBS. DOESN'T MATTER WHAT BRAND OF BULB. ONCE THE STOCK BULB BURNT OUT THEY HAVE NOT LASTED.

- , Big Lake, MN, USA

Sep 102013

G6

Got headlight fixed and then it went out on me again. Sheeesh, this car is becoming more of a problem than I anticipated. My next car will NOT be a Pontiac, I promise you it will not.

- , Portage, IN, USA

Mar 142012

G6 3.5L V6

This is the worst car imaginable. I tried to support American cars but it looks as though only foreign cars fit the mold. I've read many complaints about these specific cars online. And many have called an complained. We shouldn't have to spend additional money on a car that's nots even 5yrs old . Unless its everyday wear and tear. I won'ta called to tell me what it is they cans do to fix this mess. They call a car.. When we purchased this car we had the headlights changed not knowing their was a problem brewing. We've had the front head lights changed 3 times. And the tail lights changed 5to 6 times. We've gotten pulled over becaause we had no tail lights and didn't know it. Theres not even a signal to let you know ther is a problem like other cars. FIX MY CAR. I thought I was doing a great job by purchasing an AMERICAN car now I see it was a mistake.

- , Athens, GA, USA