Door Handles Break Off Seal Of This Might Hurt Notes: The Pontiac Vibe is the mechanical twin of the Toyota Matrix.

Both models were a joint GM-Toyota venture, manufactured together at a NUMMI production facility in Fremont, CA. Only the heating & A/C systems are different.

2003 Pontiac Vibe accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Pontiac Vibe:

2003 Pontiac Vibe Owner Comments

Oct 162012

This is the third door handle (out of 4) that a 3 year old and a 6 year old have been able to break by just trying to open the car door (they weren't even having a fit!). I am reporting the other 2 doors handles separately, as requested. I have an estimate of $200 per door handle to get that fixed! It's ridiculous, very inconvenient, and very expensive to fix.

- , St Peter, MN, USA

Oct 032011

I am only reporting this in case other people have this problem. The car itself has been absolutely fabulous with the only real problem being a headlight issue ... we've never had to fix anything major on this vehicle. I know any car can be a lemon and am so sorry some people have had problems with these cars, but overall my experience with them has been fabulous. Just wish the American companies would put a little more pride in their work product. How bad is it that the bodies cannot last as long as the engines. Both the headlight issue and the virtual rotting of the plastic door handles were American made. Shame, shame ....

- , Luling, LA, USA

Mar 072012

In the last year I have had THREE door handles break off, drivers, passengers and back door on drivers side. No recall on this so if I want to get into my car I have to leave window down, climb through back seat or come up with 260-300 dollars to get just one fixed. Pontiac siad nothing they can do it except tell me the closest dealer and it will be out of pocket. And my passenger side window makes a racket when I put it down and that is longer covered on recall. I said that a recall was still showing for it but was told that one is closed. How do you close a recall??????

- , Jax., FL, USA