2005 Pontiac Vibe
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The Pontiac Vibe is the mechanical twin of the Toyota Matrix.
Both models were a joint GM-Toyota venture, manufactured together at a NUMMI production facility in Fremont, CA. Only the heating & A/C systems are different.
Worst 2005 Vibe Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems2NHTSA complaints: 45
- transmission problems2NHTSA complaints: 21
- interior accessories problems1
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 9
- electrical problems1NHTSA complaints: 12
- fuel system problems1NHTSA complaints: 2
- lights problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- windows / windshield problems1NHTSA complaints: 16
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 119
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 7
- steering problemsNHTSA: 6
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 5
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 4
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 4
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 3
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 3
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 2
Stay Up to Date
Compare Pontiac Vibe Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Vibe compares to other years?
Check out our Pontiac Vibe overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Vibe.