NHTSA — Visibility/Wiper Problems Seal Of This Might Hurt Notes: The Pontiac Vibe is the mechanical twin of the Toyota Matrix.

Both models were a joint GM-Toyota venture, manufactured together at a NUMMI production facility in Fremont, CA. Only the heating & A/C systems are different.

2003 Pontiac Vibe accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Pontiac Vibe:

2003 Pontiac Vibe Owner Comments

Mar 042014

The contact owns a 2003 Pontiac Vibe. While driving approximately 45 mph, the front driver side window suddenly dislodged and collapsed inward. While inspecting the vehicle, the contact discovered that the plastic clips used to secure the window failed, which caused the window to become unsecured. The cause of the failure was not diagnosed. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 106,000.

- Fuquay Varina, NC, USA

Dec 122014

I drove on a main hwy in a more remote location at about 100km when all the sudden I heard a big bang. After collecting myself I realized I could not see forward at all the back mirror was knocked of the windshield and the side mirrors where marginally usable due to too much water and salt on the roads. We barely missed a big truck that was oncoming. I managed to pull partially off the road to then pull down the hood so I could see where I was going after which I pulled over to the shoulder. A nice person pulled over and tied down the hood so we could drive to the next city to call caa and not get stuck on the hwy in the dark, a safer place to be. We made it, but we could have hit the oncoming truck just as easily, we came really close to hitting him head on judging by looking out the side window. This is a possibly deadly flaw in the hood closing mechanism I believe that will some day cost some person there live!! we where lucky. In the end the hood is toast, the windshield is fried and the roof is dented, we also now have a knocking from the engine which was not present before.

- Timmins Ont. Canada P4n 5g6, MI, USA