2004 Pontiac Vibe accessories - exterior NHTSA complaints: Visibility/Wiper

NHTSA — Visibility/Wiper Problems

2004 Pontiac Vibe accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Pontiac Vibe:

2004 Pontiac Vibe Owner Comments

Oct 252014

Vibe

The contact owns a 2004 Pontiac Vibe. The contact received notifications for NHTSA campaign number: 14V655000 (air bags), NHTSA campaign number: 13V029000 (air bags), and NHTSA campaign number: 08V162000 (visibility). However, the parts needed were not available. The dealer was contacted and was unable to provide a timeframe for when the part would become available. The manufacturer was notified. The contact was waiting for parts. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Provencal, LA, USA

Mar 312014

Vibe 4-cyl

Purchased used car from Toyota richmond, window shattered 2013 fixed (Toyota had warranty but had to pay for glass), window broke again two months ago approx. Contacted GM they won't fix repaired once. I am repairing for the second time. It is a safety issue because glass shattered in my face first time it happened. So, in total this repaired part is getting ready to be repaired for the third time out of pocket. The original recall didn't repair the problem. And this is going to continue to be a safety issue. I think it is more than a regulator problem I think there are parts that are not getting along with each other. Because it should not be snapping every few months. Worried someone is going to get hurt. Will not purchase a vehicle from GM again. My first car I had for 17 years. It had manual windows and I wish this car did too.

- Richmond, IN, USA

Sep 272013

Vibe

The contact owns a 2004 Pontiac Vibe. The contact stated that as the front driver's side window was opened, it emitted an abnormal noise. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The contact was informed that the vehicle had been previously repaired under NHTSA campaign number: 08V162000 (visibility) several years ago. The vehicle was not recently repaired. The failure and current mileage was 149,000. Updated 10/29/13 the consumer stated this vehicle should be discarded. It was founfd that the malfunction was not related to the window mechanism.

- Kansas City, KS, USA