NHTSA — Electronic Stability Control Problems Notes: The Pontiac Vibe is the mechanical twin of the Toyota Matrix.

Both models were a joint GM-Toyota venture, manufactured together at a NUMMI production facility in Fremont, CA. Only the heating & A/C systems are different.

2004 Pontiac Vibe brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Pontiac Vibe:

2004 Pontiac Vibe Owner Comments

Apr 052014

Vibe 4-cyl

On April 5, 2014, I rolled down my driver side power window as I was driving at 15 mph in a residential area. When I went to roll up the window I heard a grinding sound and the window slip and tilted to the right side. The unsecured power window remains opened. I fear the window will shatter again like it did in September 2007. I taped the window to the driver side door frame for fear of it falling on me while driving. This is an urgent and serious matter that needs to be handled and repair immediately free of charge to the owner. There was a recall in 2008 regarding the replacements of window regulators bolts for 2004-2005, Pontiac Vibes. There should be a second recall again on the power window regulators bolts. Please, inform me asap where I may take my vehicle for repair.

- San Carlos, CA, USA