CarComplaints.com Notes: The Pontiac Vibe is the mechanical twin of the Toyota Matrix.

Both models were a joint GM-Toyota venture, manufactured together at a NUMMI production facility in Fremont, CA. Only the heating & A/C systems are different.

3.7

2009 Pontiac Vibe accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Pontiac Vibe:

2009 Pontiac Vibe Owner Comments

Jul 092015

Vibe

Pulling out of the Firestone parking lot, looked both ways; nothing coming from the right or the left, began to pull out, and almost hit a guy on a motorcycle. There is a very poorly designed trait in my Pontiac Vibe with the side mirrors blocking your view.... can the mirrors be changed to a smaller (height) mirror? this had actually happened to me twice since I've owned this car.... never buy another one. Thank you - noelle susan bough

- Port Orange, FL, USA

Apr 252013

Vibe

The driver side window imploded showering me with glass while driving on the interstate 435 in the Kansas City area. This was unexpected, nearly caused me to lose control of the vehicle on the rain wet roadway while a panel truck was passing me on my left side. I have heard of other incidents of this nature establishing a pattern of failure for this window as well as the passenger side front windows. A retainer notch at the bottom of the glass seems to be a weak point which causes sudden failure of the tempered glass which can result in injury from glass in eyes, down clothing as well as loss of control of the vehicle.

- Raymore, MO, USA