Wheel Center Caps Fall Off

2009 Pontiac Vibe

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Pontiac dealer.

CarComplaints.com Seal Of Pretty Good

CarComplaints.com Notes: The Pontiac Vibe is the mechanical twin of the Toyota Matrix.

Both models were a joint GM-Toyota venture, manufactured together at a NUMMI production facility in Fremont, CA. Only the heating & A/C systems are different.

6.3

2009 Pontiac Vibe wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Pontiac Vibe:

2009 Pontiac Vibe Owner Comments

Feb 032009

Vibe GT 3.2L

DO NOT BUY THE PONTIAC VIBE! You will not get any support from GM when you need to have it repaired. They are eagerly waiting for the 36,000 mile warranty to expire so they can start charging me to fix this piece of junk lemon.

- , Newport, RI, USA

Jan 062010

Vibe GT

I've read others have my same complaints: air dam fell off--interior door molding fell of 3 times--now the wheel hubs are falling off 2 times now!! Dealer fixes BUT it doesn't stop.

- , Fullerton, CA, USA

Oct 022008

Vibe 3.2L

This continues to be a problem, they said they used a special tool but what do I do when I can't find them when they fall off and the warranty is over? I see today another has fallen off.

- , Tara, Ontario, Canada

Jul 102008

Vibe GT 2.4L

The first complaint pretty much said it all. As far as the problem with the center caps on the wheels falling out, I too find them everywhere and never know when it will happen. But it does...again and again and again! It's very aggravating to have to continuously get these caps from the dealership. The mechanics at the dealership have told me that they ALWAYS have to replace these things (multiple times) with other Vibe owners as well! Am I screwed once my warranty runs out on this car? I'm thinking probably so! I have already been to the dealership six different times (yes, we are on a first name basis now) and I've only had the car a year! It doesn't give me a lot of hope that this car will last me a long time when they can't even give us a viable fix for a simple center cap on the wheels!!

- , Willard, MO, USA

Jul 012008

Vibe GT 2.4L

I PURCHASED MY GT IN MAY/2008 AND HAVE BEEN IN AND OUT OF THE DEALER OVER NUMEROUS THINGS. THE DEALER HAS REPLACED THE FRONT CENTER CAPS TWICE AND 2 REARS OVER THE LAST FEW MONTHS. THEY HAVE BEEN FLYING OFF THIS CAR ALL OVER TOWN. THE KIDS FOUND ONE SMASHED IN THE STREET, ONE IN THE DRIVEWAY, AND A FELLOW WORKER FOUND ONE IN THE PARKING LOT. GENERAL MOTORS HAS ISSUED A REPAIR BULLETIN ON THIS #08-03-10-011. IT STATES THAT THE DEALER NEEDS TO INSTALL MISSING CAPS WITH NEW AND APPLY ADHESIVE ON THE WHEEL BORE AND THE CAP TEETH. MY QUESTION IS? ONCE GM AS SILICONE ALL THE CAPS ON THESE WHEELS, WHAT DO YOU DO WHEN A TIRE REPAIR OR BALANCE IS NEEDED AND THE CAPS MUST COME OFF TO PERFORM THIS. DO I CARRY EXTRA CAPS AND SILICONE EVERY TIME I HAVE A BALANCE OR FLAT REPAIR. I HAVE ALSO LOST THE REAR CHROME TIP ON THE EXHAUST, FRONT AIR DAM CAME LOOSE AND FELL OFF, INTERIOR B PILLAR MOLDING REPLACED TWICE. I AM VERY SICK OVER THE POOR QUALITY AND NO ASSISTANCE BY PONTIAC CUSTOMER CARE REGARDING THIS. I ASKED FOR ALL FOUR WHEELS AND CAPS TO BE REPLACED OR WAS TOLD THEY WOULD GLUE THEM ON????? I FILED A COMPLAINT WITH THE BBB. PLEASE GIVE ME ANY INFO OR SUGGESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE...EXHAUST AND INTERIOR PARTS ON ORDER .......screw bailing out the big 3!!!!! Bail me out of the piece of S&*@!

- , Hemet, CA, USA