2007 Saturn Outlook electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Saturn Outlook:

2007 Saturn Outlook Owner Comments (Page 1 of 5)

Mar 162016

Roof leaks and passenger side window and door locks do not work

- Milwaukee, WI, USA

Jan 302015

The contact owns a 2007 Saturn Outlook. During low climate weather, the ignition was turned to the on position and all of the warning indicators illuminated intermittently. The vehicle was shifted into drive, but failed to move. While driving at various speeds, all of the warning indicators illuminated and the engine stalled. While driving during low temperatures, the brake pedal was depressed, but the vehicle accelerated. The failure recurred numerous times. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where it was diagnosed that there was oil in the engine air flow. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 172,000.

- Ducktown, TN, USA

Sep 212015

For a couple weeks I've been having problems opening my trunk hatch, I tried again today and it didn't open. I then bent down to pick up my bags when the hatch opened on its own and hit me in the head pretty hard. It's very frustrating not being able to open my trunk when I have groceries in it. I didn't go to the doctor or the er because I work in the medical field and can recognize the signs of a concussion.

- Niles, MI, USA

Dec 152013

The contact owns a 2007 Saturn Outlook. The contact stated that when it rained, water leaked inside the vehicle from underneath the glove box compartment, driver's visor, sun roof, and the rear exterior accessory light. The contact discovered mold growing on both front doors and the front passenger floor. The vehicle was taken to a dealer. The technician diagnosed that the failure was due to an air conditioner malfunction. The vehicle was repaired but the failure persisted. The contact stated that the air conditioner then failed completely. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 90,000.

- Lawrencevilles, GA, USA

Aug 122013

The contact owns a 2007 Saturn Outlook. While driving at various speeds, the contact heard water moving around in the vehicle. While turning, water poured into the vehicle. The contact stated that the water was inside of the interior and exterior lighting. The vehicle was taken to a dealer, where it was diagnosed that the sun roof needed to be flushed. The vehicle was repaired, but the failure recurred. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 67,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Stuart, FL, USA

Dec 212013

My Saturn was disabled while driving on the freeway due to a cracked waveplate resulting in loss of gear which was repaired but was currently turned over for reimbursement. Problem solved. While my vehicle was in for repair the body control module was found to be faulty and needed replacement. After discussing this with my service rep at the dealership, and performing research I have found that this is a huge problem that is not being addressed. Failure of the BCM rendered my vehicle dead in the water. Thankfully other faulty equipment had me in a rental car at the time of the issue. I would like this issue to be investigated and believe a recall is in order. To me, the fact that I had to replace the module and there is a known issue only tells me it will happen again. I don't want to be left stranded and have my family along when it fails the next time.

- Germantown, WI, USA

Mar 302015

Outlook 6-cyl

Issues with the 2007 Saturn Outlook include ongoing electrical issues (lights intermittent functioning, stabilitrack, traction control and ABS lights on intermittently, remote start doesn't work, power lift gate opens on it's own, lift gate switch failed internally), air intake filled with oil and water mix, water under fuel induction service, intermittently the stabilitrack will turn off, message saying 'engine power reduced', car shakes, no power and requires coasting to side of road. (this particular issue is temporarily addressed by turning the car off, removing the keys, opening the door, waiting five minutes. Then the car starts but check engine light remains on.) required new throttle body, replacing struts, sway bar link, shot and/or strut assembly. Rack and pinion, tie rods needed to be replaced. Most recently having difficulties with hard shifting, cel and traction control lights on, intake boot full of oil, vehicle will not shift out of 1st gear until 4000rmp's and does the same thing on highway in 2nd gear.

- Shoreview, MN, USA

May 302013

We purchased this Saturn Outlook in may of 2013, it was used but very well taken care of. Soon after we purchased the vehicle, the headlights periodically go out. It is not the bulb because the bulb comes back on, but in the electrical wiring, we have owned this car for almost 2 years and countless times the headlights will completely go off while we are driving! this is frightening and so very dangerous. I know of other Outlook owners that have the same exact problem! please do a recall and help us, before someone gets hurt in a horrible accident from their headlights going out while they are driving!

- Wagner, SD, USA

Nov 262014

Outlook 6-cyl

Purchased this 2007 Saturn Outlook in 2013 used with only around 80K miles on it. The previous owner did tell us about the leaking areas once the drains get clogged, my husband has been diligent cleaning them, but living in Florida it rains heavy all the time. We noticed more and more frequently the inside dripping in the 3rd row, until many times, until this past November it rained heavy for 2 days and the water started coming thru what seemed to be from the ac vents on both rows, and through the front driver and passenger side walls very heavy, upon leaving work went to turn off the car took keys out twice and it would not shut off. So now there is the electrical areas being soaked, let it dry out cleaned drains again, and it just seems the more rain we have the more water comes in. Right now car is in garage since we had the same situation with rain and now it is dripping from everywhere.. afraid to drive car since we know that the electrical system and wires are wet. I have a toddler whom I had to cover with a towel cause water was dripping on her. GM needs to do something about this, before it caused a fire and could cause death too. This seems to be happening to too many families.. what are they waiting for"?"

- Kissimmee, FL, USA

Aug 082014

Bought this piece of crap car out of desperation from a pay as you go rip off car "dealership" who told me nothing about this cars faults and it's done nothing but bite me in the ass since then. Leaks like a stuck pig, causing water to pool at the floor mats, when its cole the inside of the windshield frosts. Headlights will both shut off while driving, battery died so I charged it then the radio went haywire. Opened up the battery terminal to find my battery was encased in ice due to the leaky sunroof, the battery was sparking and smoking. Windows won't go down all of a sudden. I can't wait to get rid of this car. Never again. So dangerous it's ridiculous.

- Bellevue, MI, USA

Dec 272014

I had my passenger low beam light already fixed because of this issue with the wiring harness to the low beam light melt. Now my driver side headlight went out and its the same issue as before with the wiring harness melting and the light not working on some days and then working the next day or later in the day when I start the car up again. This needs to be addressed by GM to get it fixed. I know there was a service bulletin put out for the vehicle that expired December 31, 2013. Both of my low beam lights have stopped working this year.

- Novi, MI, USA

Oct 012014

My low beam headlight wiring harness melted which caused my light to not work and required it being taken in to have a new harness put on the vehicle. There was a service announcement put out by GM about to Saturn service providers about replacing the wiring harness but there hasn't been a recalled issued for this as of yet. This could be dangerous because if they stop working while you are driving at night you can't see anything.

- Novi, MI, USA

Nov 092014

Outlook 6-cyl

I have a 2007 Saturn Outlook whis is leaking water in through what I assume is the sunroof. My son, who was sitting in the third row of seating (back seat) noticed water leaking from the dome light. The water was also noticed in other areas of the vehicle throughout the drive. I have also started noticing electrical issues with the vehicle not that the rain has come in as well as water stains from other such issues.

- Spokane Valley , WA, USA

Aug 012014

Driver side head light went out about a week ago, I replaced the light bulb and it worked for a few days.the same light went out again.I went to replace it, just to notice a wire was out and the connection had melted.I looked it up and come to find out there is a faulty harness. I contacted a GM dealer and was told they were aware of it, but the extended warranty was over on 12-31-13. If this is a on going issue, why wont a recall be issued?? I don't have 400 dollars to have a new harness installed.

- Saginaw , TX, USA

Jul 052014

Outlook 6-cyl

On Saturday July 5, 2014, while traveling N/B on I-81 in Virginia my 2007 Saturn Outlook xr suddenly began to lose power to the engine. At the time, I was in the left lane and going approximately 70 mph. At no time did any check engine light or other service indicator come on. Fortunately I was able to steer the vehicle over to the right shoulder before it completely stopped. After about 30 minutes on the shoulder the vehicle lost all electrical power. I had my wife and 3 kids (8yr, 6yr and 3 month old) in the car when this happened. It took an hour for the tow truck to get to us. We loaded the car seats and all of us into the tow truck and were towed to a mechanics shop in front royal, va. Since all shops were closed at that time, we had to leave our car and went to a hotel. On Monday July 7th, we were told it would be at least a few days until they figured out what went wrong. I rented a car and drove home to NJ. On Thursday July 10th, the mechanic shop called and said the engine was completely shot due to a missing valve cover inside the engine, 1 of the catalytic converters not working and multiple pistons failing. On July 24th the car was finally picked up and transported to another mechanic by my residence. The next day that shop called with the same diagnosis and said I needed a new engine. I had to purchase a new engine from GM for $5,000. That purchase with labor and tax will cost me $7,500. This whole breakdown ended up costing me approx. $9,000 total and I am still waiting to get my car back. The vehicle has been in my family since it was purchased and had all the recommended tune ups/recalls performed. It bothers me that GM puts families at risk by not addressing this issue. Breaking down on the side of the highway puts people in dangerous situations. GM should own up to this problem and take all appropriate action to prevent a potential tragedy.

- Westfield, NJ, USA

Aug 142013

When driving through a puddle, there was a loss of power steering and brakes. I had the interior liners replaced but the problem still occurs. The electrical problems have increased dramatically since the original date of the problem and at this point, I think this vehicle is extremely dangerous to drive. The driver information center is out, there are two windows that no longer open, the stabilitrak light comes on intermittently (this is new last week), there is another warning sound coming on when I make a sharp turn but I am not sure what this is for since the driver information center is out. Once I could not get the door to shut completely and I had to start the car, lock and unlock the doors and then the door would shut. The audio/navigation screen loses power and restarts every couple days during my drive. Note: I have also had the power steering replaced in March and replaced the replacement transmission about the same time.

- Stratham, NH, USA

May 112014

The car caught on fire.

- Carpentersville, IL, USA

May 112014

Outlook 6-cyl

The car just caught on fire. The fire started under the hood and in the dash. The front of the car burned up completely. The car is a total loss.

- Carpentersville, IL, USA

Dec 192013

The contact owns a 2007 Saturn Outlook. The contact attempted to replace the fuse for the turn signals but inadvertently removed another fuse. As a result, the gear shifter, door locks and a few other components became inoperative. The contact was concerned that there would be a failure while the vehicle was in operation. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer for inspection. The contact was able to replace the fuse. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 110,000.

- Howell, NJ, USA

Sep 142007

TL- the contact owns a 2007 Saturn Outlook. The contact stated that the ignition module failed, causing the vehicle to stall sporadically and without warning for years. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure several times but did not provide a remedy for the failure. The contact stated there was a noise upon driving the vehicle and various warning sensors illuminate on the instrument panel each time the vehicle was driven. The warning sensors show service traction, service engine light, service air bags, service ABS brake system indicators. There was a leak in the sunroof which was diagnosed and repaired by an authorized dealer. The diagnosis was to replace the track. After the repair the failure happened again. The contact stated that the vehicle does not shift in and out of gear properly. The contact had to press the gas pedal hard to accelerate the vehicle. The gas gage reads intermittently. The brakes are not working. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer multiple times and the failures still recurr. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was unknown. Dyd

- Irvine, CA, USA