2007 Saturn Outlook lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Saturn Outlook:

2007 Saturn Outlook Owner Comments (Page 1 of 7)

Dec 142014

My 2007 Saturn Outlook keeps melting the harnesses for headlights

- Cheyenne, WY, USA

Aug 112016

I purchased a used 2007 Saturn Outlook in February of 2016. A week later I noticed my passenger headlight out. The light started to go in and out then finally it stopped working. In April I payed $130 to replace it. A few weeks to a month later the light went out again. I had a friend look at it and they discovered it was the wiring harness. I looked online and found out that this has happened to many people. I called my local GM dealer and asked about a recall. I was told it was no recall and they don't know how much it will cost me. They seemed more concerned about how much the mechanic will get paid than trying to help me. I'm very disappointed

- South Bend, IN, USA

Mar 242016

Purchased 2007 Saturn in July 2007. Had issue with both headlights flickering intermittently in fall of 2009. One would go out and the other would stay on. Took it for service on 10/20/09 and they could not duplicate the problem. The problem persisted intermittently and took it to get service on 4/8/10. They had the car for several days as they couldn't find the flickering problem. Finally found it and replaced pass. Side headlight. Took it to another dealer for service on 3/13/13 as the passenger side headlight was going off and back on again intermittently. They replaced the head lamp ballast. 3/24/16 I took it to another dealer as the driver headlight was going off/on intermittently but seemed to work when I would change from automatic to manual. They could not recreate the problem and said the headlight was operational. Currently, as of 7/25/16, the front driver headlight goes on and off intermittently. I have given up trying to get it fixed. There is clearly a problem with these headlights.

- Schenectady, NY, USA

Mar 162016

Roof leaks and passenger side window and door locks do not work

- Milwaukee, WI, USA

Mar 082016

The contact owns a 2007 Saturn Outlook. While driving approximately 60 mph, the front low beam driver side headlamp dimmed. The contact had to turn the switch to manual in order to get the headlight to illuminate again. The failure recurred several times. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic who could not duplicate the failure. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 140,000.

- Omaha, TX, USA

Jul 202015

I was driving along and my dashboard went dark, you couldn't read the mileage, or any data that should show up in that window, the battery level showed lower then normal however stopped to have battery and alternator checked and both were working normally per mechanic. When stopped car and turned back on data was viewable, then airbag light came on - stayed on for about an 30 min. Then went back off. There was an issue with roof leaking - dealership had to repair and now I think this is linked to that issue. However, not sure if others are having this same issue and don't feel I should be held responsible for something that the dealer should have checked out prior to correcting leaking. Have there been any other owners with issues regarding this?

- Cincinnati, OH, USA

Oct 022014

Outlook 6-cyl

Bought this 2007 Saturn Outlook new in April 2007.. August 2008 first time I noticed floor boards on passengers side wet, took to Saturn they said the drain line was clogged, Oct 2008 back to Saturn they had a campaign to extend drain lines they did this.. November 2009 the drivers side is now leaking Saturn secured the drain hose for sunroof. My car has always been garaged until Oct 2014. Now that it is parked out in the elements I have a major roof leak. Took it to GM on Oct 2, 2014 as I now have wet/water stains on the passengers side headliner, they said the drain was clogged fixed in 2 minutes. We had rain for a week and on Oct.24, 2014 I now noticed wet/water stains on both sides and across the windshield, under the visors and the roof panel where the interior lights and controls are for the sunroof. Take to GM dealer they say the drivers side drain hose was clogged fixed in a minute. Back to GM on Nov 15, 2014 they now say the seal around the sunroof needs to be replaced, they replace seal. Nov 17, 2014 leak is worse than ever. I have now spent $500 to have a leak fixed to no avail. I have searched the internet now and see this is not an isolated incident. 100's if not 1000's of GM Saturn Outlooks with and without sunroofs have leaky roofs. It is a design flaw and GM will not own up to it. This needs to be a recall item. I am now told to spend $2,150 to replace the sunroof bucket. After reading all the horror stories about this issue I do not believe there is a fix for GM's mistake. I have a case # with GM but they don't want to hear anything. Please issue a recall on this engineed design flaw.

- Sweden, ME, USA

Dec 272014

I had my passenger low beam light already fixed because of this issue with the wiring harness to the low beam light melt. Now my driver side headlight went out and its the same issue as before with the wiring harness melting and the light not working on some days and then working the next day or later in the day when I start the car up again. This needs to be addressed by GM to get it fixed. I know there was a service bulletin put out for the vehicle that expired December 31, 2013. Both of my low beam lights have stopped working this year.

- Novi, MI, USA

Dec 262014

I have a 2007 Outlook xr with re-occurring headlight issues, upon further troubleshooting of the issue and removal and replacement of the low beam bulbs numerous times, I found the wiring harness at the connection point of the headlight bulbs were melted through the harness thus leaving exposed wires. Like so many have experienced this very same issue with Saturn Outlooks, this is a very high fire hazard and should be investigated further. Thanks for your time respectfully submitted.

- Oceanside, CA, USA

Oct 012014

My low beam headlight wiring harness melted which caused my light to not work and required it being taken in to have a new harness put on the vehicle. There was a service announcement put out by GM about to Saturn service providers about replacing the wiring harness but there hasn't been a recalled issued for this as of yet. This could be dangerous because if they stop working while you are driving at night you can't see anything.

- Novi, MI, USA

Jul 172013

Headlight failures. As I see over and over on this site. Passenger headlight stopped working so I replaced the bulb and it worked for 2 weeks then went out again. As I was replacing it again, I noticed that the socket that the bulb plugged into was scorched/melted and brittle. I read up on the problem online and chose to splice in a new socket rather than spend hours at the dealership only to be told that they would need to replace the whole harness at some outrageous price. It seems to be doing fine. Now the driver side headlight has stopped working so I am facing the same situation over again. This is an issue that clearly should be addressed by a recall. GM saving few pennies on a socket that won't handle the heat of the high intensity headlamp and it ends up costing the consumer hundreds.

- Firestone, CO, USA

Aug 012014

Driver side head light went out about a week ago, I replaced the light bulb and it worked for a few days.the same light went out again.I went to replace it, just to notice a wire was out and the connection had melted.I looked it up and come to find out there is a faulty harness. I contacted a GM dealer and was told they were aware of it, but the extended warranty was over on 12-31-13. If this is a on going issue, why wont a recall be issued?? I don't have 400 dollars to have a new harness installed.

- Saginaw , TX, USA

Apr 012013

Outlook 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Saturn Outlook. The contact stated that the headlights would sporadically fail. The contact had to use the fog lights on more than one occasion due to the failure. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer, who stated that the wiring harness and the light assembly needed to be replaced. The vehicle was taken to another dealer for a second opinion, where it was advised that the power ballast control module needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 96000 the consumer researched the problem and found the problem was a result of a factory installed cheaper grade wiring harness which could not handle the power requirement of the hid lights and would flicker and cut off. He also learned that GM had acquired or manufactured a heavier duty wiring harness to replace the cheaper factory installed wiring harness. Updated 06/19/14..updated 01/07/15 updated 01/13/15.

- Rutherfordton, NC, USA

Mar 202012

Outlook 6-cyl

The high and low beam headlight on the passenger side of my 2007 Saturn Outlook only works sometimes. It normally comes on when the vehicle is started but after a few minutes it goes off. It continuously goes on and off when I'm driving it. The bulbs are both good. I have taken it to the dealership twice and they are not sure what's wrong with it. The wiring harness recall has already been replaced.

- Wynne, AR, USA

Dec 132013

I own a 2007 Saturn Outlook. Yesterday, our low beam headlamp on the drivers side went out. Thinking it would be a simple repair, I bought replacement bulbs. As I did the repair, I found that it was not the bulb at all, but a wiring harness that had frayed and sheared itself off. What was odd to me is that in order to access the lamp, I had to remove a number of protective shields, I.e. the fender skirt, and then the end cap protecting the lamp. How could anything possibly get in and shear the wire if it was that well protected? when researching this issue, I am finding that it is becoming a much more common issue that I had anticipated. I strongly recommend issuing a recall notice out to prevent other owners from experiencing the same issue I am having.

- Clarksville, TN, USA

Jul 192013

Outlook 6-cyl

2007 Saturn Outlook- I have had the daytime running light on driver side replaced once. And light replaced on passenger side replaced once. Now, I do not have any lights in front on passenger side. The dealership said I need my lamp base repaired. $570!! after spending $300 on new drl.

- Livonia, MI, USA

Jan 012013

The headlights, both passenger and drivers side, on my 2007 Outlook have started experiencing intermittent operation. One or both sides would go out under just about any condition; parked, driving down the road, etc. The failure comes and goes. If a headlight goes off it can be made to come back on by cycling the headlight control switch so the automatic control is turned off then back on again. You can also get the headlight to come back on by placing the headlight switch in manual on. Leaving the headlight switch in manual on doesn't stop them from going off. Last night I was driving at dusk and both headlights went out at the same time. This has turned from a major annoyance to a major safety hazard. My local dealer says there are no recalls or service bulletins to address this problem. I have taken the car to three mechanics, all of whom could not figure out the problem.

- Menno, SD, USA

Jul 272013

Outlook 6-cyl

Numerous times while driving at night the headlights will flicker and sometimes completely go out. Never both at the same time, but both sides have done this. It doesn't matter if they are in automatic or manual mode. They can be brought back on by turning them off and on or cycling from manual mode to automatic or vice versa, but that is not a fix. That is another safety hazard having to cycle headlights off and on while driving at night. This is a huge safety concern that needs to be fixed by GM. They are very aware of this problem in the Saturn Outlook line of vehicles among other vehicles they produce.

- Tucson , AZ, USA

Apr 012013

The low beam head light flickers off and on and then might shut totally off.

- Wichita, KS, USA

Oct 012012

Outlook 6-cyl

The driver's side headlight will work for awhile but then it will go out. The light will start working again (at least temporarily) I can switch from the "auto" light setting to "manual" and back again and it comes on for a moment then goes back out. I have read on several different websites that this is a common problem with the cause being the wiring harness for the lights. This appears to be a defect in the parts/materials used and should have a recall on it. I can't afford to pay what the dealership is asking to repair it, my son won't even ride with me at night B/C he's so afraid we will be stopped and get a traffic ticket. Please help!

- Covington, GA, USA