2007 Saturn Outlook steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Saturn Outlook:

2007 Saturn Outlook Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

Aug 182009

I have a 2007 Saturn Outlook, approximately 45K miles. Last week, after a period of heavy rain, I drove through several large puddles of water. After leaving one, the steering seemed to lock up. I am old enough to have driven cars without power steering, but this was much worse. As it happens I was almost home and going quite slowly - was able to get home safely. Had this occurred on a highway or at speed, there is no doubt that disaster would have ensued. I had encountered something similar some months ago after washing mud out of my wheel wells. Had not recurred until recently. Scary stuff

- Annapolis, MD, USA

Jun 072009

Power steering fails on my 2007 Saturn Outlook. Dealer has attempted to fix it 3 times but failed. It's currently at dealer now for the 4th attempt. It's been there for the last 21 days. I never know when steering is going to fail. It used to only fail when I went through puddles but now it does it even on a dry day. I have almost hit telephone poles, trees, cars and people. It's very dangerous and someone is going to get hurt or killed if Saturn cannot fix this problem. I dropped car off on June 7, 2009 with no power steering. They returned it to me on June 25. I drove only a few miles before the steering failed again. Luckily, I was turning into parking lot at the time so I was not going that fast. I almost went up sidewalk and into a tree. The car had to be towed from parking lot.

- Morristown, NJ, USA

Jun 042009

When driving during or after a heavy rain through puddles our Saturn Outlook looses any steering capability. Have gone to dealership several times and a wheel liner was installed but that did not correct the problem.

- Fredericksburg, VA, USA

Apr 032009

While driving in rainy weather, if you drive through standing water puddles along side of the road, the water spray washes up on the belts and you loose steering ability of the vehicle, you must man handle the steering wheel to make any turns, it has been back to the dealer and covers have been added to the wheel wells, but the problem still exists, making this a safety and possible crash hazard.

- Wrightstown, NJ, USA

Sep 012008

There is a distinct groaning noise coming from the power steering system. The noise is most prominent when the car is fully warmed up, but occurs nearly any time. When the steering wheel is turned slightly from center in either direction, the noise intensifies, and a distinct vibration can be felt in the steering wheel, leading me to believe there is some problem with the power steering pump or other steering components. I had the vehicle to the dealer and of course they claimed there is no noise. I left it there for multiple people to try it, as my entire family hears the noise, but of course only the driver can feel the vibration in the steering wheel. My fear is that whatever component(s) is/are failing, they will totally fail on the highway, either compromising the steering or leaving our family stranded.

- Cranberry Township, PA, USA

Mar 172008

Power steering pump needs replaced after 38,000 miles. Noise started @ 34,000 miles. Seems to be an issues on other Outlooks.

- Aliquippa, PA, USA