2008 Saturn Outlook lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Saturn Outlook:

2008 Saturn Outlook Owner Comments (Page 10 of 12)

Aug 102010

2008 Saturn Outlook headlight went out due to a wiring harness melting. Dealer says not covered by warranty. This is a faulty part and there should be a recall!!!!

- Williamston, NC, USA

Jul 292010

1)passenger side head light does not work. All GM and Saturn forum web sites talk about this same problem melted wiring harness. From 5,000 miles and up it does not matter. 2)melted wiring harness. This may be a fire hazard. 3)remove front facia bumper cover, and remove headlight, replace wiring harness.

- Warren, MI, USA

Jul 252010

2008 Saturn Outlook 45K miles- driver side low beam light wiring harness melted into the bulb socket and will need to be replaced. Estimated cost $400.

- Belmont, NC, USA

Jul 252010

Passenger side headlight went out. Upon inspection, discovered the wiring harness had melted.

- Blacksburg, VA, USA

Jul 102010

I have a 2008 Saturn Outlook xr fwd and I have had the headlights replaced 4 times on the passenger side and 3 times on the drivers side. The last two passenger side lights worked long enough to get it out of the shop and to my house five miles away and then they were out again. The high beams do still work, just not the low beams. There is an obvious issue here and there are hundreds of complaints with the exact same issue. Please help.

- Springville, UT, USA

Jun 072010

2008 Saturn Outlook headlight wiring harness failure. At 35,000 miles the driver side headlight wiring harness has melted from overheating with the oem stock bulb attached. Upon inspection the wire and housing are deformed and failing. I replaced the bulb to rule out the possibility of a simple bulb burn out. Now the entire wiring harness assembly will have to be replaced just as the bumper to bumper warranty is set to expire. Also a quick search on google for GM Saturn headlight harness points to several complaints of the exact issue. So this is not an isolated case, just cheap wiring.

- Valencia, CA, USA

Feb 052010

I have 2008 Saturn Outlook. The headlight on driver went out. Upon examining I found the wiring harness was melted. Luckily it was under warranty. But if I have to pay it out of my pocket its around $600.

- Arleta, CA, USA

Jul 212010

2008 Saturn Outlook headlight failure. Lights went out during night driving. Does not work. Costly repair of $500+.

- Stockbridge, GA, USA

Jul 122008

2008 Saturn Outlook headlight socket melting / burnt. One would have to assume that the 22 gauge wire used for the low bean headlight circuit is inadequate. The first low beam light lasted 45K miles, I have now replace the same low beam 3 times in the last 4 weeks. After closure inspection, this is a wiring / circuit issue as the headlamp socket is becoming so hot it is melting and slightly burnt. It is a matter of time before a fire occurs in a Saturn Outlook vehicle.

- Lee's Summit, MO, USA

Jul 102010

2008 Saturn Outlook head light on passanger side does not work. The wire is melted off the plug- 45000 miles on vehicle.

- Hessmer, LA, USA

Jul 072010

Saturn Outlook headlamp harness defective, 2nd replacement in 90 days.

- Germantown, WI, USA

May 152010

Drivers side headlight keeps burning out. Had bulb replaced twice but then realized it has bad wiring. The wires leading into the bulb are bad and melting the plastic around them and causing burn marks.

- Cheyenne, WY, USA

Jul 062010

I own a 2008 Saturn Outlook. The headlights, low beam, have been going out for no reason. I thought the bulbs burnt out, but when I went to replace them, they came back on. I simply moved the wire harness and they turned back on. On one occasion the headlamps went out as we were driving at night. This issue is extremely dangerous, and it appears to be happening to other Saturn Outlook owners as well. I feel a recall is needed!!!!!!!

- Lancaster, PA, USA

Jun 162010

The passenger headlamp went out on my 2008 Saturn Outlook. I brought it to Saturn/Mitsubishi dealership and they wanted to charge me $650 dollars to replace the lamp and a wire harness that connects to the bulb. According to the service guy the wire harness is most likely responsible for the bulb burning out. The bulb itself was $285......for a headlamp bulb!!!!!!!!!!! I have read numerous complaints about this issue on line and I am wondering what can be done to remedy this astronomical price for repair and bulb.

- Woodbury, MN, USA

Jun 202010

The drivers side low beam headlamp stopped working and the harness appears to be melting due to overheating.

- Prattville, AL, USA

May 182010

Own a 2008 Outlook. Passenger side lowbeam headlight keeps going on and off while driving. Took it in and was told it was a wiring harness. Dealer wanted $400 to replace because 1000 miles over warranty.

- Lindsborg, KS, USA

Apr 152010

I own a 2008 Saturn Outlook, which I purchased new in August of 2007. In February of 2010, I noticed my right low-beam headlight/daytime running light was out. I contacted my local Saturn service center and was told that there had been "some problems with the wiring harness" and I should bring it in for a replacement harness, since it was still under warranty, which I did. In April 2010, the left low beam headlight/daytime running light went out. I again contacted Saturn and asked if, assuming this was the same problem, it would be covered by warranty, since they had already acknowledged that a problem existed with this harness (the vehicle was about 2,000 miles over warranty by this time). I was told that, since there had been no recall, it would not be a warranty item, and that I would have to pay for the repairs myself. Since the Saturn dealer is about 50 miles away, and it was not going to be covered by warranty, I opted to have it repaired at a shop much closer to home. After determining that the bulb was functional, they ordered a new wiring harness, and installed it in less than an hour (to the tune of $171.44). I asked to see the old harness, and upon inspection, I observed that the housing around one of the connection points was clearly burnt and melted. I have heard of numerous other reports of this failure, much like the recalled wiring harness for the heated windshield wipers. This harness defect clearly is a safety issue and should be recalled.

- Ocala, FL, USA

Jun 152010

1. at 38000 miles my 2008 Saturn Outlook lost one of the low beam head lights. It has gone completely out. 2. it is a constant failure 3. I replaced the low beam bulb, but when I finally got the old bulb exposed, I noticed that the socket was all melted and had a very thin gauge wire connecting it to the vehicles power.

- Vallejo, CA, USA

May 252010

Passenger side low beam headlamp wiring harness melted, causing headlamp not to work. Concerned about possible fire hazard while driving. Replacing wiring harness and light bulb.

- Morriston, FL, USA

Mar 202010

I have a 2008 Saturn Outlook and the headlights keep going out. I have taken the car into the shop two separate times and had them fixed. Three months later it did the same thing. The driver side headlight went out, then a week later it came back on. Two weeks later the passenger light went out for a couple of weeks and then it came back on. Last night neither of my headlights were working. There is obviously an issue here. To ate I have spent nearly $700 on getting the headlight to work properly. I need the vehicle to work as it is our only vehicle. What if I was to be driving down the freeway at night and they both were out, an emergency accident is bound to happen. Please help.

- Springville, UT, USA