2008 Saturn Outlook lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Saturn Outlook:

2008 Saturn Outlook Owner Comments (Page 9 of 12)

Oct 142010

Outlook 6-cyl

2008 Saturn Outlook driver side low beam headlight went dark due to exposed wires in the wire harness near the bulb socket.

- Huntington Beach, CA, USA

Jan 282009

Outlook 6-cyl

I own a 2008 Saturn Outlook xr AWD. I have 56,000 miles on the vehicle. Earlier this year the passenger low beam headlight started going on and off. After a week it stopped working. I took it to my local Saturn dealership (before they closed) the technicians looked at it and decided it was a safety concern as the wiring harness for the headlight was melted so they replaced both driver and passenger harnesses and bulbs. A few months later the passenger light did the same thing and I was able to get at the harness and saw that it was black and wires were melted. I replaced the light and it worked for another month before burning out. I took it into the GM dealer, the technician looked at it and just replaced the bulb, it has since burned out again and the wiring harness is still blackened and melted and keeps burning out lights.

- Magna, UT, USA

Oct 082010

Another for the low beam connector melting -- perhaps a little more aggressively than some. At 73K replaced driver side H11 low beam bulb. Couldn't get light to stay on. Noticed partially melted connector. Applied a little electrical grease. Worked for a few hours. Days later (after vacation) applied more electrical grease. Started working again. Closed up the wheel well. As I get up from the wheel well on the driver side I see smoke from the *passenger* side headlamp area and light fogging of the top of the lens. I haven't touched the passenger side! it still has the original working headlamp and connector.

- Atlanta, GA, USA

Oct 252009

I have a 2008 Saturn Outlook. About a year ago my left headlight went out. It was repaired and went out again. I had it repaired yet again and in less than 2 weeks it blew again. A few days later the right one blew. Last week both harnesses were replaced. We learned from the dealer that this in an ongoing problem with this vehicle but no recall has been issued. We also learned that the harness was remodeled due to the ongoing problem. Fortunately I've had no crashes due to this, but having a headlight blow especially when only one is operational is extremely dangerous for me as I travel often at night.

- Troy, AL, USA

Sep 102010

The wiring harness on the passengers side low beam has melted twice. It was last replaced two weeks ago, and has since gone out again, I suspect that it has melted again but will not know for sure until I take the car back to the shop. Why are these harness melting and why hasn't GM made a recommendation to fix this problem.

- Odessa, TX, USA

Sep 252010

Daytime running headlights and night low beam headlights stopped working. Lucky for me I have auxiliary lighting to use. Right side headlight quit working about 2 months ago and found the wiring connector was melted. Removed connector and made a new one. Now both lights are not working and needs to be serviced. Out of warranty now and will pay. Something doesn't match up and needs to be fixed. Headlights not working is a major concern of mine and probably any other Outlook owner.

- Youngstown, OH, USA

Sep 262010

Wire harness melted just like everyone elses. Drivers side low beam.

- Eagle Mountain, UT, USA

Aug 152010

2008 Saturn Outlook: Drivers side headlight harness melted about 6 months ago. Now passenger side headlight harness melted 1 month ago.

- Lubbock, TX, USA

Sep 152010

2008 Outlook had a burned out low beam on the driver side at 31,750 miles. Dealer confirmed that the wiring harness was melted causing the failure and need replacing. GM needs to recall both wiring harnesses as I am sure the next one will go and it will be past the warranty. This is clearly a safety defect having a lights wiring harness melt. Apparently, this is a common problem with '08 Outlooks. Please issue a recall!

- West Bloomfield, MI, USA

Sep 102010

Driver side low beam headlight is not working even after light bulb was changed. Taken in to dealer and told that the left front wiring harness is melted.

- Pittsboro, IN, USA

Sep 012010

Saturn Outlook 2008 drivers side low beam headlight went out, was changed then went out again within a week. At dealer for washer fluid recall and learned our wiring harness is melted is very costly to fix and is a fire and safety hazard.

- Pittsboro, IN, USA

Jul 182010

1A. the headlights on our 2008 Saturn Outlook started malfunctioning when on auto in July 2010. 1B. our transmission doesn't properly engage, either. 2A. our headlights went completely out on the left side, even when on manual, last Friday evening. They had been working earlier in manual, so we were unaware until pulled over by an mp and cited. We were unable to drive our Outlook at night. Saturn finally agreed to fix the wiring harness on Wednesday, but they will not fix the new bulb that shorted out due to the wiring problem. It caused us to not be able to safely or legally drive at night. 2B. the transmission often does not engage, especially when we are stopped and then try to cross traffic to turn left. This has caused several near misses and one minor accident for us. It usually occurs when we are stopped and needing to speed up to merge or cross traffic. 3A. currently, Saturn is replacing the wiring harness but not the light burned out because of the wiring problem, stating this is a maintenance issue. They are also addressing leaks in the water and fuel pumps. 3B. unless the transmission problem is fixed by the leaks repair, they have not done anything to correct the transmission problem.

- Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Aug 252010

Outlook 6-cyl

Headlight drivers side failure, light will work at times then go out believe this is a wiring failure as the bulb is good.

- Lenoir, NC, USA

Sep 042010

2008 Saturn Outlook xr with 40,000 miles. Recently my passenger head light went out. I replaced the bulb but it went out again after about 1 week. After researching online and reading all of the issues Outlook owners are having, I realized its not a bulb issue but rather a faulty wire harness that is melting. Please issue a recall so all Outlook owners can get this repaired and eliminate the risk of fire.

- Westerville, OH, USA

Sep 042010

My 2008 Saturn Outlook has had problems with the headlights. I had two headlights malfunction at the same time. I went to replace the bulbs and one of lights started to work without replacement. The second bulb had a burn mark and the connector on the wiring harness was melted. I plugged the bulb back it and it work, though a bit dimmer. This is the 3rd or 4th time I've had problems with the headlights. I had thought they replaced the wiring harness before under warranty. I'm assuming they will be doing the same since the bulbs still work and the connector is melted on the one harness.

- Voorhees, NJ, USA

Sep 012010

The right front headlight went out, replaced the bulb and realized the connector was melted. Two weeks later the left front bulb went out, brought it to the dealership and the connecter was melted. So both sides had electrical melting. Cost to repair is $352.

- Andover, MA, USA

Aug 252010

I have a 2008 Saturn Outlook and the right low beam went out and I found that the connector had melted. The very next day in the evening the left low beam went out and I was without low beam lights. I had both wiring harnesses replaced at a cost of almost $400 on 8/27/10 I hope this fixes my problem. Major safety issue in my opinion. I had to drive with high beams and that was not good for other drivers and they were angry with me. Needs recall.

- Alexandria, VA, USA

Aug 102010

Headlight harness wiring burning out from overheating. Insufficient strength in the wiring. Numerous complaints with the other Saturn owners.

- Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA

Aug 202010

2008 Saturn Outlook xr AWD. The driver's side low beam headlight went out so I went to replace it just to find that the entire headlight wiring harness was melted. This is an extreme fire hazard. This issue is extremely common as for Saturn Outlooks/GMC acadias and has not been recalled yet.

- Navarre, FL, USA

Aug 122010

I purchased a 2008 Saturn Outlook xr in July 2010. Within one month of purchasing the low-beam passenger headlight went out. I had the bulb replaced and it burnt out again. I now find out that it is a bad wiring harness and it has melted and must be replaced with new one. GM should issue a recall as I have read this is a widespread problem among the 08 Outlook. Thanks

- Meridian, ID, USA