NHTSA — Exterior Lighting Problems

2008 Saturn Outlook (Page 8 of 12)

2008 Saturn Outlook lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Saturn Outlook:

2008 Saturn Outlook Owner Comments (Page 8 of 12)

Nov 202010

Outlook 6-cyl

Defective headlight wiring and connectors in my 2008 Saturn Outlook. Changed the low beam headlamp 3 times, last two bulbs only last a few days before the wiring burns through.

- Ft. Pierce, FL, USA

Jul 182010

Outlook 6-cyl

The passenger headlamp stopped working. Then the driver side went out I spent $100 to find out I had a short in the wire harness that caused the other one to go out. At 40,000 plus miles and the dealership wants $500 plus dollar to fix the problem.

- Glenn Dale, MD, USA

Nov 282010

Outlook

The passenger headlamp stopped working. We found out that this is because the wire and socket melted and burned. I'm relieved that it has not caused a major vehicle fire. 40,000 miles.

- Yardley, PA, USA

Sep 122010

Outlook 6-cyl

My driver side low beam went out ( or appeared to) I bought a H11 bulb from the auto parts store and went to replace it and found my bulb wasn't burnt out at all just had fallen out of the socket. So I twisted it back into the socket, put the cover back on and it worked for a few days. Then my passenger side did the same thing. Now on my way home form the store both went out ( this was at night and caused a major problem for me getting home.) I ultimately had to use my high beams just to get home safely. I'm not sure how to correct this problem since the bulb isn't actually burning out it just keeps falling out of the socket.

- Matthews, NC, USA

Outlook 6-cyl

Drivers side headlight failed.

- Merrimack, NH, USA

Nov 132009

Outlook 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2008 Saturn Outlook. While the contact was driving approximately 60 mph with the headlights on, there was a sudden loss of illumination in the driver side headlight. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the contact was informed that the wiring of the cable harness melted. The driver side headlight and cable harness were replaced. The driver's side headlight failed again on a different occasion and was replaced at the dealer. The prior repairs were covered under the service warranty. In addition, the passenger's side head light and cable harness were replaced at the contact's expense. The failure mileage was approximately 30,000. Updated 07/28/11 the consumer stated he had multiple problems with the air condition unit going out during long drives on warm days. Updated 08/01/11

- Coosada, AL, USA

Nov 122010

Outlook 6-cyl

My passenger headlight turned off around 11/12/10, the bulb was replaced. Two weeks later the same headlight turned off again. I took it back to the Chevrolet dealer and they want me to pay $285 to fix the problem. I don't think that its right to make us pay for something that is completely faulty. This is really serious and can cause and accident.

- Burke, VA, USA

Jun 252010

Outlook

2008 Saturn Outlook owner at about 32,000 miles thought that I needed a headlight bulb, but when my husband went to replace it he noticed that the driver's side wire hareness was melted. I took it in to the dealer and it took about 3 weeks for them to replace both headlamp assemblies. The headlamp assemblies on the 2008 Outlook I was told by the service tech that didn't make them any more, so they replaced them with purplish bluish headlights. I've had the new assembly on since July 2010 and it's now November 2010 and I haven't had no other problems with the headlamps so far.

- Bastrop, LA, USA

Sep 262010

Outlook

Head light on my Saturn Outlook continuously burns out its a 2008 and I've replaced both twice. The wiring appears melted and burnt.

- Houston, TX, USA

Outlook 6-cyl

I have a 2008 Saturn Outlook xr and the drivers side front headlight harness melted due to overheating likely caused by the very small gauge of wire they used in this harness. This occurred about 6 weeks ago when the vehicle had about 38000 miles on it. I purchased the part from the dealer, which had a larger gauge wire, and crimped it into place. This was very difficult because there is little to no room around the headlight. Most internet forums suggested that the entire front bumper must be removed for this fix. I did find a way to do it without removing the bumper, but I doubt that this could be done by most people without removing the bumper.

- Austin, TX, USA

Oct 142010

Outlook

2008 Saturn Outlook xe. Harness to both headlights (low beam) has melted which now I have no headlights.

- Spruce Grove Ab, 00, USA

Nov 152010

Outlook

Driver's side wiring harness melted on headlight, Saturn Outlook 2008.

- Temep, AZ, USA

Outlook

My husband and I will be taking our 2008 Saturn Outlook in for the 5th time, yes I said 5th time, to get the headlight fixed. The drivers side has had a bulb replaced as well as the wiring harness replaced...same with the passenger side. It only has 40,000 miles on it and we have owned it less than a year. We are lucky that our dealership is taking pity on us, and fixing it for free because our warranty just expired. Please recall this. This is a dangerous defect that needs to be fixed!

- Wichita, KS, USA

Oct 122010

Outlook

The headlight harness attachment to the light bulb has burned on both sides of my vehicle. This caused the light to go out and melt the insulation near the coupling.

- Smithville, MO, USA

Nov 032010

Outlook

My passenger headlight turned off at about 30,000 miles, the bulb was replaced. Two weeks later the same headlight turned off again. I took it back to the dealer when they told me it was under warranty and would replace the faulty wire harness. Now my car is at about 57,000 miles, no warranty and my driver side headlight keeps turning off. I called the Chevrolet dealer and they want me to pay $100 just to look at it and then pay for whatever needs to be done to fix the problem. I don't think that its right to make us pay for something that is completely faulty. This is really serious and can cause and accident.

- San Diego, CA, USA

Sep 102010

Outlook

1. passenger side low beam went out. 2. replaced it thinking the bulb was dead. 3. 2 days later, the new bulb was out. 4. went digging back under the wheel well and through some funky arm bending and twisting of the neck I could see that one of the female lugs on the connector was burnt. 5. used electrical tape to temp fix the light. It went out 1 day later and not even driving the vehicle for that 2 day period. 6. went in and started an internet search and discovered I am not the only one with this major GM problem. I have already got a warning for the police to fix the headlight out. I shouldn't have to worry when it will go out again and hopefully not get a ticket or even worse. A crash.

- Ruskin, FL, USA

Oct 272010

Outlook 6-cyl

Headlight not working due to wiring harness being melted!!! too much heat or the wiring harness doesn't use the right wire. I have had this vehicle for about 18 months. I have had to replace the wiring harness 4 times now. This is going to cause someone to have a crash. If it happens at night driving down the road at night.

- Amarillo, TX, USA

Sep 102010

Outlook

Headlight went out in my 2008 Saturn Outlook. I took it in to be replaced and had a faulty wiring harness.

- Bonney Lake, WA, USA

Oct 232010

Outlook 6-cyl

2008 Saturn Outlook, driver side headlamp not functioning. Dealership needed to replace the bulb and harness. Connection where the bulb connects to the harness appears melted / burned. Vehicle has 40242 miles and 26 months since delivery was taken. Cost for repair was $273.15 on 10/25/10. Not covered by warranty.

- Stafford, TX, USA

Oct 212010

Outlook

2008 Saturn Outlook fwd xr headlight wiring harness melted, no longer have low beam light.

- Farmingdale, NJ, USA