- April 10: GM Re-Recalls Ignition Switch For Another Defect
- April 8: GM Fined $7,000 a Day For Missing Ignition Switch Deadline
- March 31: GM Recalls 1.3 Million Cars for Power Steering Problems
- March 29: Emergency Motion Filed Against GM to 'Park It Now'
- March 28: GM Recalls Another 824,000 Cars for Ignition Switch Defect
- March 17: GM Ignition Switch Class-Action Lawsuits Begin
- March 17: It's March Madness For GM: Another 1,500,000 Vehicles Recalled
- March 14: Safety Group Accuses Government of Ignoring 303 GM Car Fatalities
- March 6: Test Time: U.S. Government Takes General Motors Back to School
- February 26: Former NHTSA Administrator Says GM Committed 'Immoral Act'
- February 25: GM Waits 10 Years to Recall Over 1 Million Cars
2002 Saturn SL
Problems & Complaints
Worst 2002 SL Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Want help understanding this graph?
- cooling system problems1
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 5
- transmission problemsNHTSA: 18
- engine problemsNHTSA: 18
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 17
- interior accessories problemsNHTSA: 9
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 9
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 7
- steering problemsNHTSA: 4
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 4
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 3
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 3
- lights problemsNHTSA: 3
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 2
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 2
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 1
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 1
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Saturn SL Model Years
Curious how the 2002 SL compares to other years?
Check out our Saturn SL overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the SL.