2002 Saturn Vue accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Saturn Vue:

2002 Saturn Vue Owner Comments

Sep 042006

Vue 4-cyl

Rear driver's side door opening mechanism failed. Obvious safety issue for back seat where children sit in car. Dealer noted that manuf had since redesigned the mechanism however manuf would not reimburse for repair cost of $275 when contacted repeatedly.

- Edgewater, MD, USA

Jul 242006

Vue 4-cyl

Drivers door would not open.. this happened 3 or 4 times over the past couple months but usually after attempting several times the door would finally open, however this time it would not open.. I returned to my home and refused to drive the car until the dealer could look at it and solve the problem. It took 4 days before I could get an appointment. After driving 75 miles to the nearest dealership I was told that the door panel had 2 broken clips that held the side panel on and that it would cost $450 to replace the door panel.. I find this to be an extreme safety hazard in the event of an accident or fire and the need to evacuate the automobile.. my issue has not been addressed as of yet but after owning a total of 3 Saturn cars and all three having defective issues that Saturn will probably do nothing. I find it odd that Saturn offered 2 years ago to buy back our Saturn Vue because they wanted to use it for research... we declined although we now regret not following through with it. Saturn does not stand behind their product and never claim liability for their faulty product. I would never buy another Saturn product nor would I ever recommend Saturn to a friend.

- Sagle, ID, USA