Timing Chain Broke While Driving

8.0

1. new timing chain (1 reports)
2002 Saturn Vue engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Saturn Vue:

2002 Saturn Vue Owner Comments

Jun 132016

Vue Vue 3.2L V6

I was driving down the road as I had just left work, I was doing less then 10 mph and all the sudden my vehicle seized up and I could barely push the brakes, or turn the steering wheel as everything had locked up.. took to the car shop in my town and they gave me a rate of between $500- 700 to fix the problem and that's if it didn't bend the valves... Im not sure if this is an ongoing problem with saturns. but I find it ridiculous that had happened when I was driving, thankfully I wasn't out on the interstate and with my kids. BS.

- , Fredonia, KS, USA