2003 Saturn Vue seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Saturn Vue:

2003 Saturn Vue Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Jan 162006

Vue 4-cyl

2003 Saturn Vue hood release cable and windshield wiper motor was replaced. The rear differential was replaced (warranty). While repairing the rear differential the technician noticed that the prompt shaft center bearing was broken (warranty). There was noise coming from the front end of the vehicle. The technician determined that the transaxle. The technician updated the tcm and added cvt additive (warranty). The check engine light illuminated on the dash. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who determined that the oxygen sensor was faulty (warranty). The air bag and horn were also replaced.

- Mineola, NY, USA

Feb 022005

Vue 6-cyl

Today is 02/02/05. A few weeks ago, the horn on my '03 Saturn Vue became stuck. The only remedy was to pull the fuse. Yesterday, the Vue was at the dealer (to have work done on the rear suspension per recall notice). I had the dealer check out the horn. They stated that the diagnostic computer gave the code that the "airbag needed to be replaced". the Vue has just 49,000 miles on it and is only 2 years old. The cost will be $810. Ever since I have owned the vehicle, the horn was difficult to activate. I conducted an internet search and found that many other Saturn owners had this same problem. (while the dealer had the car today, they re-installed the fuse and the horn was fine. I picked the vehicle up at 6 pm. All was well until 1:30 am this morning, when the horn went off all by itself. And again the only remedy was to pull the fuse).

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Apr 042004

Vue 4-cyl

As I was driving on the highway, my vehicle drifted onto the grassy shoulder. Without hitting my brakes, I steered back onto the road. The rear end of my vehicle fish-tailed slightly. As this was happening, the driver's back wheel bent underneath the vehicle causing it to roll over, passenger side first, onto the side of the highway. During the roll-over, none of my airbags deployed, both driver- side tires blew, both axles bent, the tops of the passenger-side doors crumpled, the passenger-side windows shattered, and the roof crumpled like a crushed aluminum can. I received numerous injuries, including neck/back/shoulder strains, broken ribs and damage to my right knee and ankle.

- Petal, MS, USA

Jan 222003

Vue 4-cyl

Airbag failure in a 2003 Saturn Vue with severe front end damage. Luck prevented severe injury, while a vital safety feature failed. We are enraged by the fact that we bought a vehicle that professed safety, but did not perform when needed. We loved the vehicle to this point.

- Midlothian, VA, USA

Sep 182002

Vue 4WD

Due to the horn design, on the steering wheel airbag, at night it is almost impossible to activate the horn.

- Orland Park, IL, USA