2004 Saturn Vue transmission problems: transmission failure

Transmission Failure

2004 Saturn Vue

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Saturn dealer.

8.5

$5,000.00

1. replace transmission (4 reports)
2004 Saturn Vue transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Saturn Vue:

2004 Saturn Vue Owner Comments

Jun 142013

Vue V6

on the freeway, traffic hour, 100 degrees outside, travelling 600 miles from my home.. went out, blew oil everywhere

- , Rowland Hts, CA, USA

Oct 132014

Vue ZLB26 2.2L

2004 Vue had 96,358 miles when tranny went out on 4/28/2011 and 130,155 miles as of 10/13/2014 on the CHEVY DEALERSHIP replacement from class action lawsuit which covered 50% of cost to replace as it was within certain mile restrictions to cover 100%. Now that tranny has gone out, replacement warranty from last replacement is 100,00 miles and 3yrs to take back for warranty coverage. Well, it has been 3.6 yrs and just 33,797 miles later on a 100,000 mile transmission that realistically should be replaced .

What does one do when the norm on this tranny is consistent on comments across the board on Many auto websites?

- , Riverside, CA, USA

Jul 192013

Vue V6

2004 Saturn VUE V6 HONDA Engine-Transmission @114,000 miles. Honda had a recall for a transmission defect in 2004 and settled a class action lawsuit in 2006. Saturn never issued a recall. Now I'm facing a $4,000 repair. This is a total disgrace. Called GM and Honda - complete waste of time. Anyone know of another class action getting started for Saturn owners in this same boat?

- , Ogden, PA, USA

Jan 052013

Vue 2.2L L4

Bought this car about 6 months ago and had no idea of the history of transmission problems with various Saturn models. The transmission failed suddenly and without warning. When I research the issue it comes up that there was a class action lawsuit against Saturn for this problem. Fast forward to now and with Saturn being gone, my local GM dealership is not willing to help out or honor the Class Action Settlement at all and is telling me that I'm just flat out of luck. My options are to scrap the car for about $600 or pay $5000 to have them put in a new transmission.

If there is anyone out there that has experienced this with a different outcome, please let me know. At this point I have lost ALL faith in anything related to GM products, if they won't stand by this documented problem with one of their Saturn product, then you can't trust them to stand by anything they make!

I will NEVER buy a GM product again and will tell anyone who will listen about this issue and suggest that they buy other than GM as well.

- , St Louis, MO, USA