2005 Saturn Vue miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Saturn Vue:

2005 Saturn Vue Owner Comments

Nov 222015

The security system resets it's self very often. I throttles the speed randomly and when you finally get stationary it locks up the fuel so there is no way to start the car untill you do the relearn process which takes 30 min or longer and your lucky if that works. Yes this has all happened to me. I've owned the car for 3 days now and last time it was driving was the day I brought it home after buying it.

- Springdale, PA, USA

Oct 012015

Ignition keys slip out when car is running.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

May 252015

I bought my 2005 Saturn Vue in December 2013 and have had nothing but problems since. When I first bought it I noticed a problem with the brakes. They have always worked poorly. I replaced the pads, then both front calipers 3 times. Then finally the hoses which helped somewhat. I recently had to replace the carrier bearing which helped the shaking and clunking I have read about in other posts. Just last month though right after I had spent the money on the carrier bearing I attempted to leave my driveway and when I tried to shift it hesitated then once it did start moving there is a loud grinding sound and jerking. My transmission now needs replaced. I have researched recalls and have found none that will help me with this. I regret ever buying this Vue and now I still owe 2000 to the bank for a vehicle I cannot afford to fix.

- Canisteo, NY, USA

Jun 112005

(1) air bags-I was involved in a multiple-vehicle accident caused by black ice in Dec, 2005 and not one of the airbags deployed. This was concerning. (2) brakes-from day one, when it rains, my brakes sound like an old person trying to move. (3) ignition-too many times to mention. When I would put the key in the ignition and try to start the car, it wouldn't move and I'd have to jolt the "frozen" steering wheel to finally get the key to turn/car to start. (4) I've seen both the brakes & ignition issues in other people's posts. Just wanted to put this out there for information's sake. Otherwise, the car's been great to me. 10 years old, only 47K miles on it and I just recently had to replace the battery for the first time ever.

- Deland, FL, USA

Mar 112015

Vue 4-cyl

At a stop, the car shuts off automatically even though the ignition is on. This has happened 3 times.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Dec 092014

Vue 4-cyl

I crashed the front end and no air bags.

- South Bend, IN, USA

Oct 242014

Started the car tonight and key came out of ignition while running.

- Washington, DC, USA