NHTSA — Fuel/Propulsion System Problems

2.5

2006 Saturn Vue fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Saturn Vue:

2006 Saturn Vue Owner Comments

Mar 012016

Vue

Fuel sensor. Car will act empty and not start when it's a quarter of a tank or under. When completely full will sometimes not start or acts very sluggish. I never know when the car won't start.

- Oak Harbor, WA, USA

Jan 122013

Vue

I came to a complete stop at an intersection. When the light turned green my car wouldn't move. I had to coast across the intersection and have strangers push my car into the gas station. I called for a tow truck company to take my car to the closest dealer and then I realized I could drive in reverse but not forward. The dealership told me my oil pipe broke, which I was told feeds oil to my engine. I can't understand how a vehicle only 6 years old with virtually no underbody rust could have a pipe break without anything hitting it. The dealership told me that with temperatures fluctuating the metal expands and contracts. But wouldn't other parts have issues as well?

- Mogadore, OH, USA

Jul 132012

Vue

My car has, again, demonstrated failure to accelerate during operation. The car has been "repaired" by the local GMC dealer in Oct 2011 and again earlier this week for the same problem. I picked the car up on wed evening, two days ago, and the same problem recurred today on my way back to the office from lunch. I do not feel safe driving this car! once the gas pump fails to operate, it simply will not move until the car has been turned off and allowed to sit for a while.

- Galveston, TX, USA

Oct 052011

Vue 4-cyl

My car will occasionally fail to accelerate. The gas pedal seems to have no effect at all - the engine is running, but pressing the gas pedal does not rev the engine or cause the car to accelerate. Sometimes this occurs just after I apply the brakes, but other times it just happens when I am driving. The acceleration never recovers until I stop the car, turn it off, sit a while and re-start the engine. The problem will recur sometimes immediately and sometimes not for some time. The first episode happened in Oct 2011. After 2-3 incidents over the course of a few days, I was able to take the car into the dealer. They merely cleaned the "connector to app sensor to PCM." This problem recurred last week and with more severity. Initially, the problem returned last week, twice, but I was unable to take the car in for service. While driving out of town for business on Monday night, the problem recurred three times. While returning home on Tuesday, the problem recurred about 15 times during the course of an approximate 60 mile drive. I took it to the dealers upon arrival home and they said it was the same problem, but described it as "resealed all connectors related to elect throttle system." They told me the problem was excessive corrosion on the parts, more than they would expect in 7 months, because of our location on the coast. Searching the internet, I have discovered that my problem is not an isolated one. There are numerous blogs and sites where Saturn owners describe the exact same problem I am having. A local mechanic also advised me that this same problem was identified in a Saab vehicle, which he advised me had the same parts as my car, and that the Saab vehicle was recalled.

- Galveston, TX, USA