NHTSA — Fuel/Propulsion System Problems

1.9

2007 Saturn Vue fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Saturn Vue:

2007 Saturn Vue Owner Comments

Jul 222016

Vue

We were passing a truck, then the throttle stuck and the vehicle would not slow down, we finally got it in neutral and pulled over. This was very scary. And now my electrical is all messed up. I am scared to drive it. I don"T have the money to get it repaired. I now have to take the bus or bum a ride. I paid $6500 for this car.. any chance I can get help from GM. I really like the car. But feel it is to danger ous to drive. I am a 24 year old single mom. Help! thanks. Hannah grisedale.

- San Luis Obispo, CA, USA

Feb 122015

Vue

Brought my 2007 Saturn Vue to repair a powerful gasoline smell around the rear of car, near gas cap. Said it would cost $332 to lift out fuel tank to see where the problem was. 4 hours later, mechanic said the tank was drenched with gasoline because the lines to the fuel pump were crimped and cracked so there was gasoline leaking out. (wonder why I was refueling so often?) I need a new fuel pump costs $600. I'll be sure to use my 10% off coupon. The worst part was no engine light ever came on to warn me!!!! also within the last 10 months, I have had the battery replaced, 2 new lift gates, brakes and new tires. I have always been good about oil changes/maintenance but I guess new cars are only supposed to last 10 years. Bummer!

- Redondo Beach, CA, USA

Sep 022013

Vue 4-cyl

Detected strong odor of gas around rear of car. Two different mechanics had the car on a lift and could not discover source of gasoline smell. Two or three thousand miles later, we took the car to a third mechanic and, using an inspection camera, he immediately found that the primary fuel pump had a cracked fuel fitting. The mechanic advised how dangerous this leak could be as it was directly over the exhaust. This is my wife's car and she had been using it to commute 400 miles round trip to help with our newest grandchild. Cost to repair is over $400. This is not a hazard unique to our vehicle; refer to Saturn Vue fuel leak at www.saturnfans.com. considering contacting a lawyer due to the serious nature of this common hazard that has not been addressed by GM.

- Gulfport, MS, USA

Sep 082014

Vue 4-cyl

I have two major complaints with the vehicle. The key can be removed from the ignition while in the "on" position and is hard to start. GM has claimed this vehicle is not covered under the ignition recall the second complaint, the vehicle leaks fuel from above the tank which seems to be typical to Saturn Vues.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Aug 012013

Vue 4-cyl

I have been noticing a very strong smell of gasoline from my Saturn for several weeks. It is most notable once I stop the car and get out but it is always there when the car is stopped. I traced it to an area up high and toward the rear of the gas tank. You can clearly see staining from a leak on a piece of the undercarriage below that area. I have learned the two sister vehicles of the Saturn Vue in 2007, the Pontiac torrent and the Chevrolet equinox, were recalled in California last year for this problem but it doesn't appear the Vue was. Recently I have also noticed the my gasoline mileage has dropped from around 25 mpg to just barely over 20 mpg with no change in driving or weather..

- Upland, CA, USA

Oct 012012

Vue

Noticed a fuel leak around tank filler area. Replaced fuel cap but did not help. Noticeable fuel odor. Vehicle is hard to start when sitting for an extended period (longer than 6 hours). Mechanic determined that leak was around fuel pump. Was informed of recall involving other similar 2007 GM vehicles, but not the Saturn Vue, although the Vue has same type of fuel pump. Vehicles currently involved in the recall include the Saturn ion, Chevrolet equinox, and Pontiac torrent.

- North Richland Hills, TX, USA

Sep 282012

Vue 6-cyl

Strong gasoline vapor smell, dealer found fuel leak at fuel module molded hose. Removed and replaced defective fuel module # 1 - 15904477 w- pump kit charged $ $903.79 GM on 9/30/2012 admits problem occurs in warm weather areas, admits Saturn's have problem, but not Vue's. dealer claims otherwise" GM refuses to reimbursement"

- Santa Clarita, CA, USA