2007 Saturn Vue miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Saturn Vue:

2007 Saturn Vue Owner Comments

Jul 222016

We were passing a truck, then the throttle stuck and the vehicle would not slow down, we finally got it in neutral and pulled over. This was very scary. And now my electrical is all messed up. I am scared to drive it. I don"T have the money to get it repaired. I now have to take the bus or bum a ride. I paid $6500 for this car.. any chance I can get help from GM. I really like the car. But feel it is to danger ous to drive. I am a 24 year old single mom. Help! thanks. Hannah grisedale.

- San Luis Obispo, CA, USA

Jun 132016

Ignition switch ongoing saga. Had the switch replaced 3 times - all at my cost all within one year. Had the key housing replaced a year 1/2 ago - key now hanging up again in the ignition. Last night couldn't remove the key at all and wouldn't be able to move my car. Fortunately happened in my garage and not a parking lot at night where I wouldn't be safe. It's not covered under all of the other known ignition switch recalls

- Stuart, FL, USA

Aug 012015

I am having trouble with my key in the ignition switch. It comes out of the ignition while the car is in park and the car is still running & it came out once while driving. I can still remove the key in modes other than drive. My key has also gotten stuck in the ignition switch & I have to struggle with the steering wheel, etc to free it and/or tug on the gear shift in order to get the key into the proper position to remove it. One time I thought I would never get it free. Well, regarding the ignition switch issue, I have not seen anything about this being recalled, etc, after doing research on this, but feel this could be serious and I was wondering what do I do next, to find out about this?

- Greensboro, NC, USA

Oct 232015

I can not start vehicle. I can't put in the switch to start vehicle even when I turn wheel.

- Cary, NC, USA

Jul 012015

There is a recall on similar models for the same issue, but not mine. My key comes out of the ignition while driving and continues to run. This also occurs while in park. This could cause airbags to not deploy in an accident as well as it has drained my electrical system on a number of occasions because if it is not fully disengaged I can still remove the key in acc mode and drive mode. Also, I have to tug on the gear shift in order to get the key into the proper position to remove it properly. Now┐I cannot even turn my key, as the ignition is seizing. It takes me no less than 10 minutes to get it to click and turn on. I was advised my model is not in the recall though the same and same makes are. I really feel this is a huge issue. Please advise! this has been an issue since I have owned the vehicle and I was told it was a recall, but when I went to my appointment, they advised it is not part of the current recall.

- Clearwater, FL, USA

Sep 172015

It the ignition switch. I just recently started purchasing a 2007 Saturn Vue. From the first day I bought it, I had trouble turning the ignition, then about 1 week ago, it wouldn't turn at all. I took it back to the dealer I am purchasing through and they had to replace the entire ignition switch...brand new. But now, the same problem seems to be occurring. This particular year is not on the recall list but I believe it should be. I noticed that many other sautun Vue's for 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2008 & 2009 are on the recall list for the malfunctioning ignition switch. Wish I had done my homework before I started making payments.

- Detroit, MI, USA

Aug 182015

The ignition key can be removed when the ignition is not in the locked position and the car was not in park and started to roll away. This car 2007 Saturn Vue is having the same issue as found in GM recall 14506 which is stated as only for 2002-2004 Saturn Vue cars. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration campaign id number for this recall is 14V490. The dealership said my vehicle does not have a recall for this defect but it is clearly a mfg defect. I would like this resolved at no charge.

- San Jose, CA, USA

Jul 212015

While driving I noticed the "air bag readiness" light come on. It stayed on for about 10-15 minutes until I reached my destination and turned off the engine. I turned the car back on and the light only stayed on for a short time, then went off. Later that day when driving the light came back on and stayed on again until I turned off the engine. It did this several times. I checked the owners manual and it said to take it in for diagnostics to be run. It also said that the air bag could deploy unexpectedly, or not deploy at all if in an accident. I made and appointment on 07/24/2015 and took it to a dealer. After running the computer check on it, the technician said the passenger presence sensor needed to be replaced and it was not covered by my extended warranty. The parts would have to be ordered and would take several hours to install. The cost would be approximately $1,200 or more for parts and labor. I had to take off work twice to take in for service, and lost about 8 hours of work time due to this incident. Also, the turn signal had to be replaced; it failed to turn off after making a turn, mostly to the left, but sometimes turning to the right also. I was told that neither of these should have needed to be replaced on my car with the mileage it has.

- Liberty, MO, USA

Jul 232015

I started my car and the drive side air bag light came on no blinking just on. My car had been parked while I was at work. I went home for lunch I figured it was just a glitch would go out went back to work parked it again then when I left to go home it was on again. In the past few months I have had my keys get stuck in the ignition switch and had to wiggle the steering wheel to.get them out. My radio screen will go all crazy funny numbers and I have had wind noise with both of my front doors since I have owned the vehicle. We took it to the dealership and the worked on the ignition switch when it was under warranty but it didn't help. Now with the airbag I am terrified to drive the car I paid for and to let my child ride in it and it's my only transportation. It looks like every other Saturn is getting recalled but this one we need help before we get hurt. I was not aware of these problems when I purchased this vehicle but now saddled with it hoping for someone to make sure we are safe like other car owners.

- Cochran, GA, USA

Aug 302013

Engine died at 89,000 miles rocker arm assembly fell apart both of them valve was bent, timing chain came loose just went to start vehicle and it wouldn't start towed in to a dealership to have it checked and found it to be engine I tried to go through GM to help with this it was out of warranty a little over a year nothing else has went wrong with the vehicle ever and I have had oil changes no reason for it to fall apart and 4800 dollars later I feel it was a defect in the engine itself I have read other defects on this 2.2 litre engine of coarse no help from manufacturer even though its a 2007 car the engine is made separate from when a car is made I have not heard of too many vehicles with a dead engine this early...

- Jefferson, OR, USA