2008 Saturn Vue body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Saturn Vue:

2008 Saturn Vue Owner Comments

May 072016

The contact owns a 2008 Saturn Vue. While the vehicle was at the dealer for routine maintenance, the contact was informed that the rear subframe of the vehicle was severely corroded. The vehicle was diagnosed by the dealer. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 157,955.

- Owings Mills, MD, USA

May 012015

Hood latch cable failed. Hood was shut but started to lift and vibrate while driving on highway. Also rear lift gate electrical failed. Could not open. Had lots of groceries in rear forcing us to pull rear seats down to retrieve. Why no key hole to open. Someone dropped the ball. Light shield on overhead panel falls out constantly.

- Landisville, PA, USA

Aug 102015

I had been out to lunch and was pulling into a parking place in my workplace parking lot. I eased into the parking space and nudged the gas to get completely in the space. When I nudged the gas, my car accelerated on its own with such a force the car went over a concrete barrier in the parking space and I then hit a brick and concrete wall that was knocked down. An iron railing was on top of the concrete and that got smashed as well. My car was moving at such a fast and furious speed I had no control over it. As a result, my car was totaled due to the repairs that were necessary. This exact thing happened exactly three years ago in this car and it was the same situation. I was pulling into a parking place at a shopping mall and as I eased on the gas to pull into the space, again, my car accelerated out of control and I hit a truck that was in the space in front of where I was pulling in and my car stopped when it hit the car next to the truck. My car was repairable. Thankfully, both of these times I was in the car alone. I have called GM/Saturn and made a complaint with them....updated 09/28/15

- Irmo, SC, USA

May 022014

Vue 4-cyl

I was driving down fm 1960 I saw white smoke coming from under the hood and through the vents. I turned off the air condition; then grey smoke start being visible from the under the hood. I came to a yellow light and tried to brake but the brakes did not work. When I was able to get the truck to stop, a cloud of black smoke came from the glove compartment and floor board areas. I exited the vehicle and about 30 seconds later the flames engulfed the truck.

- Houston, TX, USA