2008 Saturn Vue brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Saturn Vue:

2008 Saturn Vue Owner Comments

Jun 042016

While in motion the front brakes started to engage themselves. Vehicle did not want to move very well.vehicle slowed down quickly when letting off the gas pedal came to a stop without pressing the brake. Pulled over and both front wheels were smoking.

- Wausau, WI, USA

Aug 012015

The contact owns a 2008 Saturn Vue. While driving at any speed, the brakes seized, all of the calibers seized, and the anti-skid and ABS warning lights illuminated. The vehicle was towed to the dealer where it was diagnosed that there was contamination in the brake fluid. As a result, the brake pads, the hoses, and the brake fluid were replaced. The vehicle was repaired; however; the contact stated that the failure recurred multiple times. The vehicle was taken back to the dealer where the brake fluid was flushed and the booster and master cylinder were replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The failure mileage was 105,000.

- Kansas City, MO, USA

May 072015

The breaks lock up and the car won't accelerate, the car eventually stops moving. The break petal gets extremely hot.

- Lewis Center, OH, USA

Feb 172015

Vue 4-cyl

Our 2008 Saturn Vue xe recently started locking up the ABS and brakes while driving. It happens in stop and go traffic and most frighteningly at freeway speeds. The vehicle will apply the brakes at will for no reason and the ABS and traction control indicators come on. We have had the vehicle serviced multiple times and we have replaced all brake hardware and the issue still exists. We have done countless hours of research and have found that hundreds of Saturn, Chevrolet, and commodore vehicles exhibit the same issues and General Motors dealerships do not even have an answer. The vehicle brake issues render the vehicle inoperable and cause immediate slowness and inability to maneuver on the freeway when it locks up. We cannot use the vehicle and have exhausted all resources and options trying to fix the issue. It cannot be traded in with these issues either. Can somebody investigate possible recalls or dealer solutions so we can feel safe driving...with or without our small children. Please help.

- El Cajon, CA, USA

Jul 062013

The contact owns a 2008 Saturn Vue. The contact stated that while driving approximately 30 mph, the brakes seized. The failure recurred numerous times. The vehicle was towed to the dealer. The technician diagnosed that the master cylinder had to be replaced. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 65,314.

- Margate, FL, USA

Sep 282014

My wife is the primary driver of the vehicle and has been complaining that the vehicle feels sluggish like driving through quicksand and that the stabilitrak lights have been coming on every so I drove the Vue to work and in that 17 mile drive I experienced extreme shaking like a flat tire or an unbalanced rim. I got off the exit and examined the vehicle ensuring that no tires were flat and that no lug nuts were loose. I did notice that the rims felt extremely hot but seeing as I had driven on the highway, thought nothing of it. I called onstar to do a diagnosis and was informed that two tires were a little low. I continued to work and returned home with no incident. After work on the same day we were on our way to do some shopping and as soon as the vehicle was turned on, the 2 stabilitrak lights did not turn off. We called onstar and was told that there was an issue with the stabilitrak but not brakes and that it should be serviced within the next 7 days. I did some research online and saw that there are numerous complaints about this same issue with the dealers not knowing how to resolve it but charging consumers anyways. I am very concerned that this is going the same route as the ignition recall and is going to take more than a decade before the issue is addressed. I fear for my safety as well as that for my family.

- Hollywood, FL, USA

May 022014

Vue 4-cyl

I was driving down fm 1960 I saw white smoke coming from under the hood and through the vents. I turned off the air condition; then grey smoke start being visible from the under the hood. I came to a yellow light and tried to brake but the brakes did not work. When I was able to get the truck to stop, a cloud of black smoke came from the glove compartment and floor board areas. I exited the vehicle and about 30 seconds later the flames engulfed the truck.

- Houston, TX, USA

Oct 122012

The contact owns a 2008 Saturn Vue. The contact stated that while traveling various speeds, the vehicle hesitated to respond to acceleration attempts. The contact mentioned that the ABS and traction control warning lights illuminated. The vehicle was towed to an authorized dealer who replaced the ABS module, wire harness, and the driver side brake sensor but the failure recurred. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 57,000.

- Dousman, WI, USA

Aug 282013

The contact owns a 2008 Saturn Vue. The contact stated that while driving approximately 35 mph, the traction control and emergency brake warning indicators illuminated intermittently. The failure became permanent over a period of time. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer where both rear brakes were replaced. In addition, the rotors were resurfaced. The failure persisted after the repair was performed. The vehicle was taken back to the dealer where they informed the contact that the failure could possibly be related to the brake pressure modulator valve. The vehicle was not further repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 66,000.

- Grand Rapid, MI, USA