NHTSA — Fuel/Propulsion System Problems

2008 Saturn Vue fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Saturn Vue:

2008 Saturn Vue Owner Comments

Oct 012015

Vue

About 8 months ago my check engine light came on so I took it to a dealership to have the code read. They told me it was the evaporative emissions system. It sounded serious so I said just fix it. $600 later my car was running great with no problems. About a week ago my check engine light came on for the same reason. Dealership wont fix it again and basically told me they have done all they can do. They dont know what it is. Everytime I fill my gas tank my car takes about 10 minutes to start again and it struggles. Lots of sputtering and most of the time it starts then dies. Ive been told I wasn't the cause and its probably just a faulty gas cap so I replaced that and the light is still on after having it cleared. Their other explanation was its a Saturn so expect problems. I was not happy to hear that. They replaced the purge valve, vent valve, checked for leaks and everything. There is no reason it should be messed up again especially this soon after replacement. Other than that my car runs great after 4 years of owning and driving it all over the state.

- Plano, IL, USA