NHTSA — Wheels Problems

2008 Saturn Vue wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Saturn Vue:

2008 Saturn Vue Owner Comments

Aug 102015

Vue

I had been out to lunch and was pulling into a parking place in my workplace parking lot. I eased into the parking space and nudged the gas to get completely in the space. When I nudged the gas, my car accelerated on its own with such a force the car went over a concrete barrier in the parking space and I then hit a brick and concrete wall that was knocked down. An iron railing was on top of the concrete and that got smashed as well. My car was moving at such a fast and furious speed I had no control over it. As a result, my car was totaled due to the repairs that were necessary. This exact thing happened exactly three years ago in this car and it was the same situation. I was pulling into a parking place at a shopping mall and as I eased on the gas to pull into the space, again, my car accelerated out of control and I hit a truck that was in the space in front of where I was pulling in and my car stopped when it hit the car next to the truck. My car was repairable. Thankfully, both of these times I was in the car alone. I have called GM/Saturn and made a complaint with them....updated 09/28/15

- Irmo, SC, USA