NHTSA — Air Bags Problems

2009 Saturn Vue seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Saturn Vue:

2009 Saturn Vue Owner Comments

Aug 012016

Vue

Takata recall I have been getting a "service air bag" indicator. It seems to happen every day when the temperature is extremely hot over 100 degrees. On cooler days, I do not get the indicator light. When it is hot, the light comes on immediately when I start my car. If I drive a distance with the air on, it goes off. This started happening over a month ago. I went to a dealer and they charged me $105 to run a diagnostic test. They said something needs replacing and will cost me $495. I heard from a family member who worked for GM that because this is a safety issue, I should not have to pay for this. Is this true?

- Jackson, TN, USA

Jan 102015

Vue

The contact owns a 2009 Saturn Vue. The contact stated that while driving 25 mph, another vehicle crashed into front and rear driver's side of the vehicle causing the contact to crash into a fire hydrant. The air bags did not deploy. The contact sustained injuries to the head that required medical attention. A police report was filed. The vehicle was destroyed. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The VIN was not available. The approximate failure mileage was 88,000.

- Saint Paul, MN, USA

Dec 012014

Vue

2009 Saturn Vue. Driver states the engine stalled repeatedly, keys became stuck in ignition and the airbag and stability lights came on.

- Tustin, CA, USA

Feb 282014

Vue 6-cyl

Vehicle (2009 Saturn Vue) was travelling southbound through an intersection and was struck on the rear passenger side, by another vehicle (traveling eastbound) who did not stop for a red light. After being struck the Saturn veered toward the southwest corner where it road up a snowbank and then hit a telephone pole on the front drivers quarter/drivers door. The side airbag did not deploy, and the driver suffered a concussion when her head struck the interior of the vehicle.

- Superior Twp, MI, USA

Oct 232010

Vue

My 2009 Saturn Vue hybrid was purchases in Jan 2009. Since that time my car battery has died 4 times. When I took it to the Saturn dealer in savannah they said there was nothing wrong with the battery but my hybrid battery had a recall. After 10 days the vehicle was released back to me with a new hybrid battery however, the 12 V continues to die. The GM dealer in hinesville ga said that batteries will die in extreme conditions. I live in SE Georgia. I have no gps, radar detector, mps player, dvd player etc plugged into my Vue to account for weather or battery drain. I purchased this vehicle to Transport my granddaughter to doc appt, soccer, shopping and daycare knowing that by uses a hybrid I was being kinder to the environment. When my battery died last night I contacted on star to run a diagnostic test. On stat did not find any issues with the batter however, my airbags would not deploy in case of an accident. There is something very wrong with the battery or electrical system of the Vue hybrid and my dealership is not being forthright about the larger issue. Eventually my warranty will run out and then I will be stuck with a very expensive lemon! please help!

- R' Hill, GA, USA

Dec 132009

Vue

I was hit on driver side door..high speed impact.. fire dept needed to use jaws of life to get me out.. I was unconscious and taken to trauma..no airbags deployed..hits were also noted to front panel and rear..car was totaled.

- Pompton Plains, NJ, USA