6.0

1. dealer replaced short block, rebuilt engine (1 reports)
2000 Subaru Legacy engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Subaru Legacy:

2000 Subaru Legacy Owner Comments

Feb 212005

Legacy

Engine had some clicking when warming up which I associated to the upper (heads) side of engine. It went away in a few minutes. However "THE DAY" the engine quit, there was severe banging and no oil or check engine light warning. It just gave up. I was doing about 70mph on the highway at the time and fan and radio going so I might of been able to reduce the damage if I had heard it sooner. Dealer did replace the short block and had no problems until later, which I will fill you in on.

- , Brattleboro, VT, USA