- October 21: Subaru Recalls Legacy and Outback Over Knee Guards recalls | 1 days ago
- September 29: Subaru Recalls 593,000 Vehicles to Fix Melting Windshield Wiper Motors recalls | 23 days ago
- September 10: Subaru Recalls Outbacks With Lots of Loose Bolts recalls | 42 days ago
- September 7: Parties Agree to Settle Subaru B9 Tribeca Hood Lawsuit news | 45 days ago
2004 Subaru Outback
Worst 2004 Outback engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- check engine light on3
- blown head gasket1
- valve stem due to differential expansion fell into cylinder1
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control17
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling5
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine3
- NHTSA: Engine2
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline1
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Cables1
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Cruise Control1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Subaru Outback Model Years
Curious how the 2004 Outback compares to other years?
Check out our Subaru Outback overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Outback.