2002 Toyota 4Runner accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Toyota 4Runner:

2002 Toyota 4Runner Owner Comments

Jan 022007

4Runner SR5 V6

I've had a 1993 Toyota Celica with the same issue. Finally, they started manufacturing vehicles with the antenna integrated into the windows. Unfortunately, I have the model prior to that new invention. Toyotas had issues with their antennas.

General Statement: Sometimes I think these manufacturers install selective second grade parts just to have customers visit the service department in addition to regular maintenance. I can't see that with the technology we have today, how they can't find solutions to simple issues/problems.

- , Austin, TX, USA

Sep 012008

4Runner SR5 Sport Edition 3.4L V6

I bought my 4Runner a year ago with 103,000 miles on it. I have loved it for the past year (10,000 miles worth of driving). The only real issue I have had is that the antenna doesn't go up and down when the radio is turned on and off. It did when I first bought it, but then suddenly stopped. No big deal--it simply stays in the up position all the time and the radio works. I only need to manually lower it when I go to a car wash, then manually raise it. Not worth fixing, in my opinion.

- , Saint Robert, MO, USA