1.6

2002 Toyota 4Runner accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Toyota 4Runner:

2002 Toyota 4Runner Owner Comments

Mar 152016

4Runner

Driver's seat left front mounting bolt attachment has failed. Problem was first noticed on 15 March 2016. Vehicle was stationary. As I was shifting around to get seated I noticed a grinding sound coming from beneath the driver's seat. Eventually I observed the left front mount lifting slightly off the floor. Later, investigating further (removing the plastic covering) I was able to remove the mounting bolt┐there is nothing for the bolt to attach to that I can see. Whatever held the bolt originally has broken off and is no longer visible or serviceable. This is a critical safety concern for me; all the more so because I was recently diagnosed with three bulging discs in my neck at the san francisco va medical center on 8 March 2016. Should I be in a collision and the seat not perform as intended, I could potentially be paralyzed. This is a safety concern. Toyota should be required to perform a safety recall for this problem.

- Eureka, CA, USA