2011 Toyota 4Runner engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Toyota 4Runner:

2011 Toyota 4Runner Owner Comments

Jan 062013

4Runner 6-cyl

Just as I put my new Toyota 4-runner in reverse in a crowded parking lot, the engine races wildly. Fortunately my foot was firmly on the brake, and I was able to get it back into "park" - whereupon the engine raced even more wildly, until I turned off the ignition. I checked to make sure that nothing was against the accelerator pedal - and there wasn't... I checked to make sure the accelerator pedal was in its correct position and working freely - and it was. So I restarted the car, it seemed fine, and drove home - and a little bit yesterday (Monday) morning - the day after the incident. All was fine... but, but, this was a very crowded parking lot where the incident took place - literally hundreds of people - including children - walking around, and many hundreds of other cars and trucks nearby... I am a life-long Toyota owner - and this will not change this. But, clearly this "uncontrolled acceleration" problem with Toyota's of late, still exists and must be corrected immediately!!!

- Mckinney, TX, USA