2013 Toyota 4Runner seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Toyota 4Runner:

2013 Toyota 4Runner Owner Comments

Sep 122013

4Runner 6-cyl

My wife and son were involved in a head on collision and the passenger airbag did not deploy in our new 2013 Toyota 4runner. My wife was almost at a stop because she had seen the vehicle in front of her get hit by the same driver. The driver never put on brakes and hit my wife head on at about 40 mph. Two airbags deployed for my wife from the steering wheel and under the steering wheel. My wife and son both suffered whiplash and bruising from seat belts. My son weighs 95 pounds. My wife received burns and cuts on her legs and arms from the airbags. I contacted Toyota and they started a claim to find out why my son's airbag did not deploy. It has been 25 days since this occurred and the third party that was supposed to come out and collect edr information has not done so as of today. The car was undrivable after the accident and was towed to a body shop. The insurance company has said that the vehicle is repairable even though it has frame damage, major front end damage, and airbag deployment with an estimate of $12,000 in damage.

- Midlothian, VA, USA