2015 Toyota 4Runner body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Toyota 4Runner:

2015 Toyota 4Runner Owner Comments

Apr 222016

My vehicle is a 2015 Toyota 4runner trail premium which I purchased new in Sept. 2015. As described in two other complaints, the area around and including the scoop feature on the center of the engine hood vibrates quite noticeably at speed and has since new. I never had this problem on my previous 2000 4runner SR5, so I can only guess that the manufacturer is using a thinner and flimsier metal. While this might be done to save weight, it sure makes me feel like I'm driving a poorly made and engineered vehicle. Toyota needs to address and fix this issue on future 4runner models. I just hope that this vibration doesn't cause any physical damage to the hood or the paint. If it does in the coming years, I'll be back to file another complaint on this model.

- Humble, TX, USA

Oct 062015

Thsi is a text from NHTSA it follks

- Test, AL, USA

Sep 012015

Purchased new a 2015 Toyota 4runner trail premium. Since new it has a horrible hood shaking / vibration. Have taken back to the dealership and they say the hood metal is too thin and that it is this way to save weight and fold in an accident. It shakes and vibrated up and down so much I can only imagine the paint will start cracking and or have the hood vibrate off. I've owned many vehicles, and never had a hood shake like this. Never the less to have a dealership say it is manufacturer defect but nothing can be done about it. Pretty upset I paid $41,000 for a vehicle that is not correct right off the factor line. Waiting for hood to fly up and cause me to not see road and have accident or worse.

- Park City, UT, USA

Nov 102014

At almost all speeds an especially at highway speeds my hood bounces up and down / flexes excessively like it's going to rip off the car. I have had 12 cars in my life and I have never seen this before. The hood is not properly supported in the middle. The hood bouncing up and down constantly I am waiting for something to break due to excessive vibration and the hood to fly off.

- Lake Worth, FL, USA