8.0

$1,600.00

1996 Toyota Avalon engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1996 Toyota Avalon:

1996 Toyota Avalon Owner Comments

Oct 182007

Avalon XLS 3.0L

TOYOTA SUCKS I WOULD NEVER OWN ANOTHER PIECE OF JAP SCRAP F TOYOTA

- , Rockford, IL, USA

Sep 262006

Avalon XL

The engine has started using oil, and smokes on cold start up. From reading on many forums I am not the only person with this problem. From what I have read and been told it is an oil sludge problem in the engine. There are so many with this problem there needs to be a class action law suit. Every Toyota dealer I have been to say it's oil sludge, they see it all the time in this 3.0 24V V6 . So it is not uncommon Toyota needs to step up and do some thing about this . I have owned many Toyota's and this is the only problem I have ever had .

- , Chatsworth, GA, USA