1. replace crank pulley and both belts (1 reports)
2002 Toyota Avalon engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Toyota Avalon:

2002 Toyota Avalon Owner Comments

Aug 152014

Avalon V6

Crankshaft made noise while driving home. When I got in my car the next morning the crankshaft pulley was not moving and the belt came off of it and was laying on the shaft. My AC stopped working and the alternator stopped charging the car. My battery light came on. I paid Toyota $500.00 for a new alternator and since having it installed I had to buy two batteries because the alternator does not work properly. Now this.

Toyota recalled crankshaft pulleys for 2004 Avalons. My 2002 Avalon needs to be recalled also. I refuse to pay $850.00 for this problem.

- , Atlanta, GA, USA