2002 Toyota Avalon fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Toyota Avalon:

2002 Toyota Avalon Owner Comments

Sep 242013

Avalon 6-cyl

While driving home on 9/24/13 my check engine light came on, I drove right to the Toyota dealership. I was informed that the catalytic converter system was below threshold ( code P0420). This repair cost me $2,541.27. I was told this would correct the problem with my air bag light flashing. After paying for this repair my air bag light continues to flash, even though the service representative said the diagnostic did not show a code. I was previously told the code for the air bag was B0113. Since purchasing this 2002 Avalon I have had to have the valve assy, idle replaced at a cost of $978.63, this is in addition to regular scheduled services. I have owned other cars for the same length of time and miles as this Toyota and I have never had so many problems outside regular services with any of my other vehicles (Mazda and Acura) I have completely lost confidence in the Toyota brand. I believe there are defects with the electrical system in the 2002 Avalon.

- Riverdale, GA, USA