2002 Toyota Avalon transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Toyota Avalon:

2002 Toyota Avalon Owner Comments

Feb 032010

My 2002 Toyota Avalon when put in reverse could not be stopped and went into a parked car with 2 people in it! this also happened to my 1998 Toyota Avalon twice!!

- Hartsdale, NY, USA

Feb 032010

Was driving my 2002 Avalon to work this morning and it started having the acceleration issues. I didn't even have to step on the gas after stopping at a stop sign and got to 40 mph no problem. When I finally got to work and put it in park the engine revved the gas pedal was not stuck under the floor mat. Definitely seems electronic to me. Now Toyota is charging $95 just to diagnose issue as it is outside of the years recalled. I came across a report that they are investigating as far back as my year now though. hoping they expand this thing and get it fixed!

- Raymond, NH, USA