2004 Toyota Avalon miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Toyota Avalon:

2004 Toyota Avalon Owner Comments

May 012015

2004 Toyota Avalon. Consumer writes in regards to vehicle parts unavailable to complete recall.

- Brooklyn, NY, USA

Sep 152014

Avalon 6-cyl

I am writing you to ask Toyota to follow through with implementing this recall remedy. After receiving the interim notice, I have been patiently waiting for the "fix" or remedy. However I have been stonewalled in a call to Toyota -- Toyota continues to say "no remedy is currently available" and that they will "notify you when the remedy is ready." How long will NHTSA allow Toyota to keep delaying "preparing the remedy?" I am delaying driving this car until the "remedy" has been implemented. I am asking the NHTSA to direct Toyota to implement this remedy in my car.

- Middletown, MD, USA

May 012014

Received safety recall notice beginning of May 2014. At the beginning of August I checked with Toyota's office in California and spoke with nicole (cust. Svc. Supv.) her office phone number is 1-800-331-4331 ext. 73824. They found a "solution", to the problem in early May 2014. Vehicles need to be "fitted" with a noise filter, between "the air bag control module and the wire harness". but I was told by nicole, "that they still don't have the part ready for installation". I expressed my concern because of an accident I was involved in, May 28th 1996. (it was in a 1991 Lincoln towncar, the first year cars had airbags) because of my "personal injuries", I've been totally disabled ever since. That was over 18 years ago! I expressed my concern to nicole "because this is a safety issue!" what the recall states is, "the electronic control module (ECM) for the supplemental restraint system (SRS) in these vehicles could have been manufactured with integrated circuits that are susceptible to internal short circuiting when exposed to certain electrical noise from various vehicle electrical components. If internal short circuiting occurs, the front airbag(s) and/or seat belt pretentioners could inadvertently deploy." Then the recall goes on to describe what "could happen", to occupants in the vehicle.

- Clermont, FL, USA