2004 Toyota Avalon steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Toyota Avalon:

2004 Toyota Avalon Owner Comments

May 092013

Avalon XLS V6

Problem was intermittent for about three years. Since there were two recalls relating to steering I hoped the problem would be solved. After each "recall fix" the steering problem seemed to go away. This winter it got worse, but as the car warmed up the steering seemed to improve (i guess I was in denial). Finally, as spring arrived the steering was unbearable.

I just had it serviced - now steering is OK - but I'm out $600. My 1995 Avalon was built like a tank and never had mechanical problems like this "tin man" vehicle.

- , Providence, RI, USA