2005 Toyota Avalon brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Toyota Avalon:

2005 Toyota Avalon Owner Comments

Feb 072007

Avalon

I had multiple incidences of my car surging in my Toyota Avalon. I would put my foot on the brake but the car wouldn't stop but would surge forward. At first this didn't scare me and I got a little used to it actually so that I thought I could handle it. But it kept getting worse. I drove on the highway between Iowa city and cedar rapids a lot. I would always use cruise control. I would say it happened to me 10-15 times on the highway between cedar rapids and Iowa city. I remember coming very close to rear ending someone when I had to slow down to exit but the car wouldn't slow down.

- Cedar Rapids, IA, USA