2005 Toyota Avalon fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Toyota Avalon:

2005 Toyota Avalon Owner Comments

Dec 172008

Avalon

I was parking my car at work. I pulled into the parking space and backed up slightly to straighten my car. When I put the car into drive to pull forward again, the car raced forward with engine revving strongly. I could not stop the car with the brake. The car crashed and pushed through a thick brick wall. The airbags did not deploy. The car would only stop after I pushed the engine shutoff button. The gearshift was hard to move after the incident.

- Peachtree City, GA, USA