2006 Toyota Avalon body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Toyota Avalon:

2006 Toyota Avalon Owner Comments

Oct 142014

Avalon

I rear ended car and the lower airbag deployed striking me just below by knees. My right leg developed a hematoma from the airbag deployment and required surgery. I still have a large depressed area on my leg, a scar, tenderness and darkening of the skin, all which will require further surgery to repair.

- Houston, TX, USA

Jan 022015

Avalon 6-cyl

I have called Toyota in houston, tx several times about my melting and cracking dashboard. I was told this was normal wear and tear. My car is garaged, and only out for short amounts of driving time. On December 31, 2014, I saw on the national nbc news that there is a recall for the dashboard problems. I called Toyota this morning, Jan. 2, 2015, and was told they know nothing about a recall. I must have a letter for them to due recall work. I'd like to file this complaint, hoping my car, make and model will be added so that I receive a recall notice. Thank you.

- Houston, TX, USA

Sep 222014

Avalon

Dashboard is cracking rapidly and Toyota isn't standing behind this defect. Concerned about flying parts if the airbags would deploy. Car is mainly kept in the garage and I vent to let the leather breathe. This is apparently a defect from the manufacturer.

- Eustis, FL, USA

Jul 182012

Avalon

I slowed to pull into a parking space on the roof of parking garage. I tapped my brake and felt a sudden surge of power. (noisy power sound) I forcefully pushed down on the brakes and burned rubber making visible skid marks. The car went over both the cement bumper in front of my car and the cement bumper of the facing car and came to a stop when it hit his car. Both cars sustained major damage to the front. I was not injured and no one was in the car I hit. It is fortunate that this did not occur at a stop with pedestrians.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA