1. need to replace charcoal cannister on 2 yr old car (1 reports)
2006 Toyota Avalon cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Toyota Avalon:

2006 Toyota Avalon Owner Comments

Oct 152008

Avalon XLS V6

My Toyota Avalon is only two years old and has 38,000 miles on it. The tech at Toyota says the charcoal canisters usually go bad after 100,000 miles, so I'm angry that I have to pay $622 to replace this one in my car. I think Toyota should replace this part since it obviously failed at their cost. I only took the car in because a check engine light came on. I already had to replace the Michelin tires after two years on this car. If this is the beginning I think I might have a "lemon".

- , Allen, TX, USA