2007 Toyota Avalon accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Toyota Avalon:

2007 Toyota Avalon Owner Comments

Sep 122011

Avalon

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Avalon. The contact stated that while attempting to change a flat tire, the factory jack did not raise the car high enough to install or remove the tire and failed. The factory jack was labeled as having a lifting capacity of 2,200 lbs however, the vehicle weighed approximately 4,000 pounds. The contact determined that situation to be a very serious safety issue. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer nor was the manufacturer made aware of the failure. The factory jack was not replaced. The failure and current mileage was 62,000.

- Houston , TX, USA

Mar 192008

Avalon

On March 19, 2008, my step-son was killed in tampa, Florida while driving his 2007 Toyota Avalon. He had just dropped my sister-in-law off at the airport and was travelling on the courtney campbell parkway when the car accelerated. He exited onto a service road, posted at 15 mph, at a high rate of speed, crashing through a guardrail and plunging into tampa bay. He did not get out of the vehicle. Witnesses say he did not appear to brake before hitting the guardrail. Nobody could determine at the time why the accident occurred; his toxicology report was clear. The car has long since been salvaged since Toyota's unintednded acceleration issues were not public knowledge at the time two years ago.

- Vincennes, IN, USA

Dec 282009

Avalon

We have had three incidents in the past with our Toyota Avalon....all at traffic light approaches. The first resulted in our hitting the truck in front of us. There was no damage nor injuries so both parties left satisfied. The second occurred at a traffic light a few minutes later at which time my husband got the vehicle under control. The third occurred several weeks later near our home. My husband managed to get the car under control by swerving into a drive nearby by. It was at a traffic light also. Thought it was my husbands driving (ha)) because he seems to be accelerating instead of braking but he was assuring me he was braking.

- Valrico, FL, USA

Nov 202006

Avalon 6-cyl

- the contact owns a 2007 Toyota Avalon the instruction manual of the car read- caution people with an implanted cardiac pacemaker or defibrillator should keep away from the smart key system because the radio waves may affect the operation of such devices. The contacts father had one. He contacted Toyota, and got technical details on the frequency of the system. He sent the information to his cardiologist, who contacted the manufacturer of the defibrillator, and he was advised not to let his father within 18 inches of the car. The contact questioned if he should keep his father away from the car but what was his liability if someone walked or parked next to this car, and the person had an implanted pacemaker, and he died, what would be his liability on this problem. Update 4/23/07

- Maumee, OH, USA

Nov 162006

Avalon 6-cyl

I can't get any information on the possible dangers of the smart key. The owner's manual of my 2007 Toyota Avalon warns that persons with implanted pacemakers or defibrillator should not go near the antennae on the smart key system. My 91-year-old dad has an implanted defibrillator. Is there any way to get in, start the car, and disable the smart key so he can then approach the car and get in" what is the radio frequency and effective radiated power of the system so I can pass the information along to his cardiologist? what is the liability if I have the car parked on a public street and someone with an implanted defibrillator or pacemaker should happen to walk past the car without knowing the danger? please help, as the dealer has not been able to find anything out about this. Also, the owner's manual warns about getting the smart key too close to electromagnetic devices such as credit cards and cell phones, cordless phone rechargers, fluorescent lights, etc. How can my wife carry the smart key in her purse with credit cards and cell phone? also, I store all my keys on hooks in a cabinet above the desk in our kitchen. I also store my cell phone there. On the underside of the shelf is a fluorescent light, and on the desk is a cordless phone recharger. Do I have to rearrange my life to avoid problems with the smart key" also, the owner's manual warns the smart key might not work near broadcast operations. Several times a week, I have to go to a cable television head end where there are 13 earth stations (satellite receive dishes) and innumerable transmit antennae on a 357-foot tower; in short, much more radio wave activity than would be present at a normal broadcast operation. I haven't taken the car there yet for fear of what might happen. Will I have to have it towed some distance away before the smart key technology will work?

- Maumee, OH, USA