2008 Toyota Avalon accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Toyota Avalon:

2008 Toyota Avalon Owner Comments

Feb 012011

I own a 2008 Toyota limited Avalon. I have been experience exterior lighting problems that while driving my headlamps go out. I discovered this problem when I noticed my highbeams were out. When replacing the lamps I was told both highbeams exploded. Now my low beams continue to go out and only when I turn the lights off and back on do they come back. Went to Toyota directly and they told me they know of the problem but they are not going to recall. Based on numerous complaints over the internet, this is not a one time failure. This is an ongoing issue and Toyota needs to be held accountable for this safety issue. My car started this issue with approx 48K miles. In addition, I do not have the amount of disposable funds in order to change the bulbs. In addition, it appears changing of the bulbs is not the problem and it is the housing based on other car owners documentation on the internet. With that said, it is imperative Toyota takes responsibility and action. Numerous car owners of the 2008 Avalon are in a situation where safety is not being taken seriously by Toyota. Are they willing to let a known safety issue wait until someone takes them to court? they must have great lawyers!!

- Farmington, UT, USA