2008 Toyota Avalon brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Toyota Avalon:

2008 Toyota Avalon Owner Comments

Jan 172010

My husband got into the car the late afternoon of Jan. 17, 2010. Turned the auto on and I thought the engine was exploding. I was inside the house and ran outdoors. Something under the hood was making an extreme loud rattle. If you took an old cow bell and shook it for dear life, you would get an ideal of what I am talking about regarding the sound. The check engine light and the vsc light was on. My husband cut the engine off, checked under the hood and found nothing. I was going to call the dealership to see if they wanted to tow the car in. I started the car back up just to see what would happen and it purred like a baby. No lights on. I took it to the dealership and they checked it out, test drove it and could not find anything wrong. They said whatever it was must have reset itself. Now my question is what caused it to act like that and what would have happened if I had been driving. Was it in the computer or what. Will it happen again? these things I would like to have an answer.

- Aiken, SC, USA