1.8

2008 Toyota Avalon windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Toyota Avalon:

2008 Toyota Avalon Owner Comments

Apr 262013

Avalon

The rear window sunshade comes up uncontrollably and will not go down. I was driving at night and the sunscreen came up blocking my view of cars behind me and was extremely distracting. The system malfunctions and there is no way to get the shade down. A dealer suggested that if I can craw in the back seat and manually maneuver it into the down position, I could remove the fuse and it would become inactive; thereby, keeping it in the down position. I have checked various websites and customers are removing the fuses to resolve the problem.

- Arlington, TX, USA