2010 Toyota Avalon engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Toyota Avalon:

2010 Toyota Avalon Owner Comments

Jan 042010

Avalon 6-cyl

I have a problem that I am afraid could cause me to have an accident. Just a few months after purchasing my 2010 Toyota Avalon I started having this problem intermittently. Sometimes it kind of stalls. Usually happens when I am turning from a complete stop, such as turning right or left. It is as though my car stalls for a moment. I give it gas, but it doesn't do anything for a few moments. Usually around 15 to 20 mph. If iam pulling out in front of traffic I almost get hit. Recently I was on the highway, I just pulled out and was going approx. 40 mph and it stalled for a few moments, maybe less than a minute. If a car had been behind me I would have been hit. Each time I told the service advisor @ the dealer I was told they had to be able to duplicate this. It only does it on occasion. But this is a serious problem.

- Lubbock, TX, USA